Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whatever happened to... good late night TV

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
You know, American cop shows, chat shows, weird movies and stuff.

I used to stay up for hours when I was a student (okay, it's probably because I was a student).

It's all shitty phone-in competitions now. :angry:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Because about a year ago phone-in revenue from reality shows began to eclipse advertising revenue.

Its about money and an innovation thats not in any broadcasting charter to limit it.

Blame big brother, blame labour for giving their lefty chuims at the bbc a 10 year charter.

I agree with you.:)

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I keep on having problems sleeping. Normally before early starts as well :angry: :angry:

Anyway you can normally find some South American football on channel 5 during the night. Really bad American commentary as well.

A cross which doesn't find a player "No one home!" ect.....

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You can still catch Sheriff John Burnell (ret.) on re-runs of World's Wildest Police Videos

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

In unrelated news whatever happened to that Brit police video show with the classic "He's crashed, he's crashed, he's crashed, he's crashed!"

:clap2: :clap2: :albion: :clap2: :albion: :clap2: :clap2: :albion: :clap2:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Wozza said:
Yeah, but TV companies gave up on late night TV long before they introduced phone-ins.

Exactly, theybdidn't bother cos it would cost em money that would not be matched by advertising revenue.

Now all they need is a low cost blonde bimbo on the set and they are making a mint, scuse pun.

The extra revenue makes it more viable and so do the lower costs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here