Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whatever happened to Brian Wade?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
One of the most memorable games I ever saw at the Goldstone was the 4-2 win against Newcastle (season 90-91???). A certain Brian Wade scored all four goals, fantastic stuff!

He then sank without trace....does anyone know what happened to the Welsh boy wonder?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
He scored one more goal then couldn't get in the team because of messrs Byrne and Small. I think he was released at the end of the season and played for a second or third division team for a while, I can't remember who exactly, I just remember him being in the teamsheets in Match.

Bryan Wade
After being given a free by the swans, joined brigton scoring 7 goals in his first season including all 4 in defeating newcastle 4-0 prior to their return to the top flight. Injury meant retirement from league football in 92 where he joined frome town in the screwfix district league. Bryan now lives in his home town of Bath and works in the building industry.

from the Swansea City fans web site

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Frome the Swansea City website:

Bryan Wade

After being given a free by the swans, joined brigton scoring 7 goals in his first season including all 4 in defeating newcastle 4-0 prior to their return to the top flight. Injury meant retirement from league football in 92 where he joined frome town in the screwfix district league. Bryan now lives in his home town of Bath and works in the building industry.

Ooh, beaten to it! :blush:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Deano's Right Foot said:
Frome the Swansea City website:

Bryan Wade

Ooh, beaten to it! :blush:

It was 4-2. Stoopid Welsh getting it wrong. Newcastle were 2-1 up at one stage. Only 7800 there. Can you imagine that now? You'd get that in away fans alone (If we got Falmer).
Having said that, When we took cash on the gate at the goldstone, the gates were about 2 or 3000 under what they actually were. To avoid paying VAT.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Had a Bad injury and retired in about 1995. stayed with us till then. He was a damn good player. Give that Barry Lloyd one thing. He can spot a decent bargain player (except Farrington). We could do with him picking out a Beeney, Barham, Nelson, Byrne, Small etc for us now.

troy gall

troy gall
Jun 26, 2009
south london
mark gall

Had a Bad injury and retired in about 1995. stayed with us till then. He was a damn good player. Give that Barry Lloyd one thing. He can spot a decent bargain player (except Farrington). We could do with him picking out a Beeney, Barham, Nelson, Byrne, Small etc for us now.

my dad was a good football player i watch tapes of him all the time.i need a break to see if i could follow my dads footsteps.but i would come on a free and i would live up to and pass the expectations of my father. his injury is still with him now but he would love to give back to the albion so feel free to message me.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Hi troy,

Plenty of us on here remember your dad as a player and we were sad that his career was ended by injury, please send our warmest regards to him.

I am not sure if there is anyone on here with contacts at the club who might be able to arrange a trial for you, if indeed you would like to follow in your dad's footsteps, try posting on the insider column when it reopens.

All the best with your football career, wherever it may take you, it would be a great pleasure to see another player called Gall grace the stripes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was 4-2. Stoopid Welsh getting it wrong. Newcastle were 2-1 up at one stage. Only 7800 there.

That happened to be the night the Gulf War started (operation "Desert Storm").
I remember, cos I was looking forward to watching the goal highlights on SPORTSNIGHT that night when I got back from the game, but it was cancelled so we could watch Stormin' Norman Schwarzkoff with his tactics board. Great timing you yankee TOSSERS

:angry:

spunkmonkey

Jul 11, 2005
Eastbourne
What a great player remember him against Millwall and I think we were down to ten men. He just kept going past there defenders again and again like they weren't there. Think we lost either 4-3 or 3-2 but he was amazing.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What a great player remember him against Millwall and I think we were down to ten men. He just kept going past there defenders again and again like they weren't there. Think we lost either 4-3 or 3-2 but he was amazing.[/QUOTE

I can remember the goal he got in that game when he beat about 5 players and scored.
Great exciting player.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Mark gall, is so often overlooked but that's almost certainly due to the fact his career was cut so short.

He was a powerfull, stocky, forward but also had loads of speed & skill.

He may be overlooked by many, but not forgotten by those who saw him.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I remember when we signed Mark Gall i thought wtf do we want someone from Maidstone for hes gonna be rubbish.

Didnt take long for Mr Gall to shut me up, as said before very good player indeed.

Stumpy Tim

What a great player remember him against Millwall and I think we were down to ten men. He just kept going past there defenders again and again like they weren't there. Think we lost either 4-3 or 3-2 but he was amazing.

That game was the best home defeat I've seen... in fact, one of the best games. Cracking atmosphere (largely due to Millwall's fans) but Albion made a great fist of it after going down to 10 men.

And Mark Gall was QUALLA. He got injured during the off-season & never played again. Shame as he would have fired us back up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here