Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Whatever "-a Teenage Musical

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
This is on 11.05 tonight on Channel 4 for an hour. (Vidieoplus code 727297).

The synopsis (Radio Times) states: A dranatised doucmentary tackiling the complicated issues affecting todays youth, featuring a talented cast of 14 to 17 year old actorts, MCs and beatboxers discovered at youth clubs and schools in Brighton.

Is anyone invlved on NSC/NSP in, or knows anyone in the programme.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Large One said:
This is going to be embarrassing...

Go on then - spill the beans

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If the Radio Times made so many spelling errors as Dover's post above, I am going to cancel my subscription forthwith.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't know a huge amount about it, but 'talented actors discovered from youth clubs' is almost certainly going to be bollocks. For 'talented actors', read 'bunch of spoilt brats jumping around pretending to be from the hood while giving deep meaningful representations of urban living in a dispirited and heartlessly melancholic existance.'

At least, that's what my step-daughter took it to mean when she got turned down at the audition. They only want Italia Conti A+ kids to star in this. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
dave the gaffer said:
If the Radio Times made so many spelling errors as Dover's post above, I am going to cancel my subscription forthwith.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I never said I could spell or type properly. Cheers Dave LOL

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ill have yeo now, my iNglish is very gud thanKyew

:(

Oct 25, 2003
i knew hannah fuller, she was the loudmouth one of the girls, not the main one, she was wearing a white top for most of it and had 2 little pigtail thingys coming over each shoulder

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The Large One said:
I don't know a huge amount about it, but 'talented actors discovered from youth clubs' is almost certainly going to be bollocks. For 'talented actors', read 'bunch of spoilt brats jumping around pretending to be from the hood while giving deep meaningful representations of urban living in a dispirited and heartlessly melancholic existance.'

At least, that's what my step-daughter took it to mean when she got turned down at the audition. They only want Italia Conti A+ kids to star in this. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I saw a tiny bit of it but was on the phone to our lass at the time. Bunch of hoodie-wearing Level hangers-out.

TLO, are you suggesting they were all "Westdene dressed as Whitehawk"?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
TLO, are you suggesting they were all "Westdene dressed as Whitehawk"?

Quite probably. Although, from remembering the time when my lad was at college getting prepared for his current arduous role as a Luvvie Studies undergrad, it's just as likely to be "Lewes dressed as Liverpool 8".

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
for a drama set in brighton there did seem to be a very high proportion of coloured folk in it.

just an observation... thought the singing and rapping was all top dollar.

Jul 20, 2003
I saw about 10 mins - seemed a funny time to have it on at.

In my day we were more concerned about whether red or blue Grifters were best* - and I'm sure the Children's Film Foundation had a rosier disposition.

* I had a silver one - but that's 'cause it was second hand and rusty and my dad spray painted it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here