Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What would you rather have been………..

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Rock star for me

The highest I've achieved at football is playing in the REMF game.

I've been in bands most of my life, played at most levels, without doubt a far more diverse interesting and coherent stage.

both horrible industries though.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Music means much more to me as well and I also prefer to be a consumer but a dream would be to have a Rough Trade style record shop where I can obviously flog (and listen to) vinyl all day but also have a perfomance space where I can put on shows. The Brooklyn Rough Trade had a seperate room with a small wrap-around mezzanine where they put on shows. I'd also install an expensive coffee machine, beer pump and ask [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] to curate the wine cellar.You can look after the rock and roll, rocka/psychobilly stuff but I'll leave the Beatles section to someone else. [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] will take on most other music sections. We might even make some money.

You should add [MENTION=30352]McTavish[/MENTION] to the wine curating team…

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Top footballer I think. Winning a cup for your home team at Wembley with a last minute screamer that gets shown on TV every year forever and is part of the cultural legacy of your club surely has to be better than going on stage there to sing a song you've sung 1000 times before.

Something about this thread reminded me of this...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Music means much more to me as well and I also prefer to be a consumer but a dream would be to have a Rough Trade style record shop where I can obviously flog (and listen to) vinyl all day but also have a perfomance space where I can put on shows. The Brooklyn Rough Trade had a seperate room with a small wrap-around mezzanine where they put on shows. I'd also install an expensive coffee machine, beer pump and ask [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] to curate the wine cellar.You can look after the rock and roll, rocka/psychobilly stuff but I'll leave the Beatles section to someone else. [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] will take on most other music sections. We might even make some money.

:lolol: :thumbsup:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Rock star.

Both earn mega bucks.
Both receive adulation aplenty.

But if a footballer makes a monumental error, it sticks with him forever and could ruin his career.
If a rockstar makes a monumental error on stage, he just gets an anecdote for his memoirs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was a second rate and needlessly violent footballer with problematic knees and ankles. I made my only appearance for the HGSB first eleven in the lower sixth when the real first team was mostly absent due to something or other (probably away at a football tournament). I never had any illusions......

As for music, yes, I'd like to get the sort of software that Ronan Harris (VNVNation) uses, and make my own stuff, but I'm far too lazy and busy. I auditioned as bass player for the successor to The Molesters but didn't have any rapport with the guitarist (not helped by a previous encounter and shoving match at the bar in the Alhambra at a Piranhas gig; and he was far too old for that scene, frankly). Did a few gigs as singer in a 'rock' band when I was 15-16 but my voice and stage presence lacked a certain something. What was it? Anything, that was it.

I've never hankered for being anything I'm not, an attitude I probably acquired from childhood conversations started by others along the lines of 'what if there are ghosts; do you think we will ever be able to time travel?' and 'What would you do if you became king?' preceded by 'Are we there yet?'. ???

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
I was a second rate and needlessly violent footballer with problematic knees and ankles. I made my only appearance for the HGSB first eleven in the lower sixth when the real first team was mostly absent due to something or other (probably away at a football tournament). I never had any illusions......

As for music, yes, I'd like to get the sort of software that Ronan Harris (VNVNation) uses, and make my own stuff, but I'm far too lazy and busy. I auditioned as bass player for the successor to The Molesters but didn't have any rapport with the guitarist (not helped by a previous encounter and shoving match at the bar in the Alhambra at a Piranhas gig; and he was far too old for that scene, frankly). Did a few gigs as singer in a 'rock' band when I was 15-16 but my voice and stage presence lacked a certain something. What was it? Anything, that was it.

I've never hankered for being anything I'm not, an attitude I probably acquired from childhood conversations started by others along the lines of 'what if there are ghosts; do you think we will ever be able to time travel?' and 'What would you do if you became king?' preceded by 'Are we there yet?'. ???

I know my memory is bad, but didn't we have this conversation next year?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here