Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you prefer to come first, the upper east tier or the corners filled in?

Upper East or Corners?

• upper tier on the east

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • filled in corners

Votes: 54 62.1%

• Total voters

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I've not been either, and I hope aaron doesn't mind me using one of his pis as an example, but look!

The East Stand. We all know what the corners will look like when complete.
But a second tier to the unfinished East Stand will balance the stadium more against the mega-West Stand, and will make it look a more complex, large and an (even more so) magnificent arena.

Corners. They look soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gay at the moment.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The big light up on the arches will be impressive come the autumn and the P.A. system was loud as hell today. Surprising how well the stadium contained the noise, when you stood outside it was pretty quiet.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
When the corners get filled in, the south east corner will have a mezzanine floor put in above with corporate boxes above, not sure about the east stand but can find that out if needed.
As soon as the traffic infrastructure has been proved, all the other extra building works applications for increasing the capacity will be submitted

Cheers buddy, appreciate the information :). I always just assumed they were filling that with boxes but who knows. Jealous of the time you've spent there, I haven't even seen it yet. I can't wait till the first game..

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I've not been either, and I hope aaron doesn't mind me using one of his pis as an example, but look!

Something that I've though about for a little while, one of the corners has to be left with access to the stadium for emergency vehicles etc. Now at the moment that access point is in the corner of the North and East Stands. Why wasn't the access point put in the corner of the East and South Stands, firstly allowing the North and East stands to be joined together when the time comes ?

More importantly as a result for Cup games (where we have allocate 15% to the away team) I'm led to understand the extra away fans will be allocated some of the South End part of the east stand. Security wise, surely this would allow the police/stewards to manage 2 smaller groups rather than 1 large one. The extra seats in the North East we know will be far easier to sell either for season tickets or pay on the day

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The East stand because it would offer a far better view and therefore should be easier to sell out than the corners.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As far as I'm concerned, the absolute priority right now is sorting out those massive pug-ugly gaps in the south stand. Its f***ing up the entire look of the stadium from the inside.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
East Upper looks as though it would only hold about 173 seats in that thin strip - anyone know how many seats would go up there? East Upper being completed with seats would make the ground look less 'lop-sided'

The corners hold 600-800 each whereas the East Upper will hold 5,000 (source: Richard Hebberd). If just the East is built then we will have to give additional seats to the away fans to make up our obligation of 10% of the total number of seats available? How will that work!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The corners hold 600-800 each whereas the East Upper will hold 5,000 (source: Richard Hebberd). If just the East is built then we will have to give additional seats to the away fans to make up our obligation of 10% of the total number of seats available? How will that work!
Not necessarily. It's 10% subject to segregation. And with 2550 at present they have more than 10%.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The East Stand, the corners can (hopefully they will) be covered at look ok but the East will help make it look complete, and as others have said be easier to sell, and be more profitable as the seats will be more expensive than the corners = more cash for players (maybe)

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
From a purely selfish point of view, I would prefer the corners to be done first.I am in the South West disabled area, and with a crowd in front of us, it would make us feel part of the crowd.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
From a purely selfish point of view, I would prefer the corners to be done first.I am in the South West disabled area, and with a crowd in front of us, it would make us feel part of the crowd.

I don't really think that's selfish; it's a very good point.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Corners for me every time - the one issue I have with all these new you beut stadia (and let's face it, ours is as swish as any) is the dead corners, hate them. Stoke's ground is a case in point, everyone goes on about the awesome atmosphere there, well just imagine if they didn't have a sodding great gap in each corner - how much better would the atmosphere be then?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
East stand,Time you get segregation in 2 corners they will be pretty much redundant anyway.

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
East Stand Upper - i would then hopefully renew my season ticket and relocate from the lower to the upper :amex:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here