Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What would you like to see in our last few games?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
How did the U23s look?

Particularly Leonard, we have a few with real promise, still a big step up, but there seems a lot of quality

Really didn't see much of that game.
But from what I have seen, everything looks great. In CM, Spong, Moran and Leonard are mustard, creative and excellent passers. We look strong at CB: Turns, Tsongui and Roberts. Offiah as RB, strong and quick. Furlong at LB looks solid. I don't need to tell you about Ferguson, but Tolaj looks great at this level, although I have my doubts whether he'll make the jump to PL football. It's probably out wide that we need a bit more quality.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Really didn't see much of that game.
But from what I have seen, everything looks great. In CM, Spong, Moran and Leonard are mustard, creative and excellent passers. We look strong at CB: Turns, Tsongui and Roberts. Offiah as RB, strong and quick. Furlong at LB looks solid. I don't need to tell you about Ferguson, but Tolaj looks great at this level, although I have my doubts whether he'll make the jump to PL football. It's probably out wide that we need a bit more quality.
You don't rate Peupion and Miller then? Certainly nowhere near PL ready, but look promising to me.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Re Ferguson, I actually think in his brief cameo he showed a lot more than Welbeck was at the time. (Welbeck has played really well last two games).

I agree re a loan, but if he’s fit again, would like to see him even if it’s for 45 mins.
Yes, of course a loan. Probably not even Championship at his age. League 1 or 2 fine - get him used to grown up football, being kicked and giving it back, and scoring a lot. Maybe abroad if the loan team think that would be better for him. But would still love to see him get a few minutes in the first team here before he goes.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
A balance needed.

Strong starting XI's to try to get above Palace.

But decent minutes for young players who may be challenging for a starting spot next season, so yeh, Caicedo and Sarmiento

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Understand the issue that places mean money and that we need to finish above Palace but the real end game now is to be strong next season and that starts with sorting out the squad now , see what gaps we have and then get them filled early as possible so team has a chance to play together before next season. Sarmiento & Ferguson have to get some game time in , friendlies are no real test of a player PL football is. Similarly we need to see how good Offiah and Roberts are givn they are not out on loan so we have not seen them against real competition for a while. I would get next two games out of the way and then see the youngsters play even if that is one game each so as not to weaken the side too much.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You don't rate Peupion and Miller then? Certainly nowhere near PL ready, but look promising to me.

To be fair on [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] I asked for an opinion based on that game.

We have lots of promising players…….Emmerson?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, of course a loan. Probably not even Championship at his age. League 1 or 2 fine - get him used to grown up football, being kicked and giving it back, and scoring a lot. Maybe abroad if the loan team think that would be better for him. But would still love to see him get a few minutes in the first team here before he goes.

Good call re loan abroad, think league 1/championship might be more likely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
An absolute thrashing of a team at the Amex please, preferably Manchester United but Saints will do too. I’ll settle for one against WHU but being the last game it probably won’t feel as good but I’ll take it :smile:

Am I late to the party on this, long thread, maybe it’s already been suggested?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be fair on [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] I asked for an opinion based on that game.

We have lots of promising players…….Emmerson?
Yes, great goalscoring record - but for obvious reasons I haven't seen any U18 matches. Maybe he'll feature more for the U23s next season, if Ferguson is out on loan (though he could still have Tolaj and Ella to get past).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here