Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you do with $2.9 TRILLION?

It's impossible to imagine just how much $2,900,000,000,000 really is. If you had it, what would you do with it? Think of the hospitals, schools, roads, sea defences, wind farms etc you could build. The lives you could improve, the diseases you could eradicate. Think of all the countless ways you could improve the environment, the world. Care for the sick, homes for the homeless, a roof for the South stand. One person does have this horrendous dilemma and what does he choose to spend it on? The 2007 US military budget, partly funded by a further cut in the already pitifully low health care budget.
We live in a f***ed up world. Any better suggestions on where to splash the cash?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:sick:

:nono:

A modern day scandal.

Edit: I thought it was a rhetorical question. With that much money, you would have the power to make these smal companies squirm and force them to change their polluting ways.

Cancel World debt, assuming that the countries is question have paid above and beyind the original sum...

Etc. etc.

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
1. Falmer
2. Get rid of world poverty
3. Give Dw 250k towards new players

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'd work on the principle of fixing my own country first - before bigging myself up and aiming to fix the world...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Lokki 7 said:
It's impossible to imagine just how much $2,900,000,000,000 really is. If you had it, what would you do with it? Think of the hospitals, schools, roads, sea defences, wind farms etc you could build. The lives you could improve, the diseases you could eradicate. Think of all the countless ways you could improve the environment, the world. Care for the sick, homes for the homeless, a roof for the South stand. One person does have this horrendous dilemma and what does he choose to spend it on? The 2007 US military budget, partly funded by a further cut in the already pitifully low health care budget.
We live in a f***ed up world. Any better suggestions on where to splash the cash?

For a second I thought that was your bonus !

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I would buy:

A big f***ing yacht
A big f***ing stadium
10 big f***ing houses
10 f***ing fast cars
Ronaldinho
A private jet

And I would give the other £2.8 Trillion away.

Re: Re: What would you do with $2.9 TRILLION?

Tricky Dicky said:
For a second I thought that was your bonus !

;)

Measured in Congolese Brazzavilles maybe.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Buy Stamford Bridge including players,
Fly the blue and white flag and arrange free luxury trips for all home supporters for life.:bhasign:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would buy an island in the carribean and a yatch and a speed boat and live a life of luxury till the end of my daysand never ever think about football again

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'd give it ALL to Uncle Spielberg, he's promised to treble it as he has a hot tip for the 3:30 at Leopardstown.

Then I'd have, um, $8.7 trillion. Almost enough for a deposit on a first home, yay!!

Elegia

Jan 4, 2007
I would buy the town of Lewes flatten the whole place and turn it into a massive car park for the park and ride I would need for the 200,000 all seater stadium I would be building at Falmer.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well to start I buy the US airforce better target identification equipment so they don't go blowing up anymore British tanks.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Lokki 7 said:

Why dont they just blow up the middle east and be done with it??

"As Commander-in-Chief, my highest priority is the security of our nation," Bush said in his accompanying budget message.

"My budget invests substantial resources to fight the global war on terror, and ensure our homeland is protected from those who would do us harm," Bush said.

All those Iraqi's trying to attack the US, yep we need to keep them at bay at all costs. $2.9 trillion? Cheap at twice the price.

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Lokki 7 said:

Obviously i would hate to break into the usual anti US diatribes but this is massively incorrect. The 2.9 trillion is the total US Budget not the defence budget, which is 716 biliion (of which 250 billion is a special addition for the Iraq and Afghanistan operation. Yes it is a lot of money but why let facts get in the way of a good rant. Perhaps you should also note that the US Govt actually spends more per person on healthcare than the UK.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Build a huge house on my own island and pay for a non-stop parade of 18-22 year old girls to come and have sex me me. I'd do that for the rest of my life and to hell with anything or anyone else.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Build a huge house on my own island and pay for a non-stop parade of 18-22 year old girls to come and have sex me me. I'd do that for the rest of my life and to hell with anything or anyone else.

But what about the other £2.8 Trillion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here