Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would you do with £100k+....?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Answers on a postcard....

No, seriously, anybody following my posts of the past few weeks will know that I am locked into a legal situation which I have to say is becoming a high-class problem.

Having shuffled the pack and re-dealt the cards I believe I am now a lot closer to realising my share of the house which is up for sale.

It should result in approx £108k.

My ideas are as follows:

1. Nice car. Need to treat myself after a long time without one and many years since having a car of any sorts. Looking at Suzuki Swift in a while and have already earmarked an Audi A3.

2. White van. Yes you've guessed it. I am joining the ranks of 'white van man'. I promise I do not smoke or read the Sun.

3. Nice Tv/Multimedia system.

4. Payment to mother for years of 'relying on ya ma'. This is not a pay-off more a thank you for putting up with me and my chaotic lifestyle over the years. I have just removed all my furniture and possessions that were incidentally stored in the bedroom I lived in as a kid and up to age 26.

5. A holiday home. Looked at Haven holiday home at Church Farm Pagham. Good deal there but may invest in one at a site near Poole, Dorset. One of my favourite parts of the UK. The Dorset coastline, Bournemouth, Swanage etc all within easy reach. This will be for personal, family and rental use.

6. Maybe purchase my friends council place and become his landlord, therefore claiming the HB he is entitled to.

Believe it or not, there's still some left over.

How would you spend it?

Oct 17, 2011
Answers on a postcard....

No, seriously, anybody following my posts of the past few weeks will know that I am locked into a legal situation which I have to say is becoming a high-class problem.

Having shuffled the pack and re-dealt the cards I believe I am now a lot closer to realising my share of the house which is up for sale.

It should result in approx £108k.

My ideas are as follows:

1. Nice car. Need to treat myself after a long time without one and many years since having a car of any sorts. Looking at Suzuki Swift in a while and have already earmarked an Audi A3.

2. White van. Yes you've guessed it. I am joining the ranks of 'white van man'. I promise I do not smoke or read the Sun.

3. Nice Tv/Multimedia system.

4. Payment to mother for years of 'relying on ya ma'. This is not a pay-off more a thank you for putting up with me and my chaotic lifestyle over the years. I have just removed all my furniture and possessions that were incidentally stored in the bedroom I lived in as a kid and up to age 26.

5. A holiday home. Looked at Haven holiday home at Church Farm Pagham. Good deal there but may invest in one at a site near Poole, Dorset. One of my favourite parts of the UK. The Dorset coastline, Bournemouth, Swanage etc all within easy reach. This will be for personal, family and rental use.

6. Maybe purchase my friends council place and become his landlord, therefore claiming the HB he is entitled to.

Believe it or not, there's still some left over.

How would you spend it?

15 years ago I would have blown it on England away, cocaine, booze, and all the trapping that comes with being involved in all that.

Now I would give half to the church I attend, pay my nephews University fee's, and maybe invest some.

Very sad i know lol.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Out of those options I would definitely go for the Poole holiday home. Get to spend time in a beautiful part of the country and also gain some revenue from renting the place out.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
15 years ago I would have blown it on England away, cocaine, booze, and all the trapping that comes with being involved in all that.

Now I would give half to the church I attend, pay my nephews University fee's, and maybe invest some.

Very sad i know lol.

Well said my son.

Reverend Paul
Church of the Poisoned Mind

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Put it behind the bar at the Amex!
Seriously though, why Haven? £100,000 will get you a nice place in the sun and may be a better investment. My opinion only though.
At the moment any savings are worthless so look around. Bricks and mortar with a rental return are best

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would invest at least £80k, and treat myself and friends/family with the other 20k, to enjoyable stuff that is also useful/lasts a while.

But I work for a firm of Financial Advisors, and am training to become one, and seeing the amount people who invest wisely can make might have influenced my decision a tad!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes, but how to invest given the current market. Find yourself a good business angel they always have lots of investments on the go.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, but how to invest given the current market. Find yourself a good business angel they always have lots of investments on the go.

Big chunk in With Profits if you are cautious, and a few bits and bobs in the right emerging markets funds.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Either pay off a lump sum of the mortgage.

Boring but true. Maybe keep enough back for a stonking holiday.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
For me, it totally depends on your likely income in the near future. If you reckon you have a good safe income for a long while, feel free to splurge a bit on nice things. If you're not so confident, I would invest it. Whilst others may differ, personally I'd buy property. For that sum or a ittle over you could buy a flat and have an extra 600-700 a month safe income. But hey, I'm a bit older and no doubt a bit boring, but in these uncertain times income is vital.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Extension on the house and a few toys. Won't go far.

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
£50k I would purchase a flat in Berlin and rent it out to make a healthy profit.

£20K set up my own Karaoke company.

£30K doing up my own gaff.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
What coincidence, for that is just the amount of money I need to make bail from my unfair imprisonment here in Lagos.

Long I have been a political prisoner ever since my father, King Abujabba-Hakam-Farsahid was executed, leaving me his vast fortune.

If you, kind friend, were to assist me in freeing myself I would of course share with you the sum of £13,876,223 (thirteen million, eight hundred and seventy six thousand, two hundred and twenty three pounds).

I believe you are of good mind and honest decency for which to help me in my time of need.

Yours

Prince Abujabba-Hakam-Farsahid II

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Equally divided deposit on Holiday Home, Fusion IP share, Plant Impact share, Rice (Thailand is sinking, 30% worlds prod)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
What you have outlined looks like a plan. The A3 will get you more street cred than the Suzuki. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here