What would you do if...

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
sl2vqe.gif

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If HB&B had done an attention seeking suggestive post like this you'd have been on his case straight away.

Does seem to be a case of double standards really.

Not at all. If that's what you think, you've totally missed the point of the thread.

The point was about how people steaming themselves up over 'shit' rumours would deflate themselves should one of these rumours come true - it's NOT a 'I know something you don't' thread.

As for knowing about any transfer rumours, or who might be coming, how would I? It's only others on here who have convinced themselves that I am in the loop, or have been in the loop, with the club's goings on.

As for the 'I'm saying NOTHING' comment earlier in the thread, well, it looks like I landed a couple of mugs there...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not at all. If that's what you think, you've totally missed the point of the thread.

The point was about how people steaming themselves up over 'shit' rumours would deflate themselves should one of these rumours come true - NOT 'I know something you don't'.

As for knowing about any transfer rumours, or who might be coming, how would I? It's only others on here who have convinced themselves that I am in the loop, or have been in the loop, with the club's goings on.

As for the 'I'm saying NOTHING' comment, well, it looks like I landed a couple of mugs there...

So if this wasn't a "I know something you don't thread" why didn't you clarify HOURS ago when you had the chance, when it was perfectly obvious to all the direction the thread was heading in?

Oh, that's because you wanted to land several "mugs" while coming across that you were "in the know". Your smokescreen of a point about people deflating themselves over shit rumours is nonsense, and you know it...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Have to agree with WW here TLO, you have a rep for this kind of crap so you should have posted a disclaimer in your first post rather than backpeddling now.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So if this wasn't a "I know something you don't thread" why didn't you clarify HOURS ago when you had the chance, when it was perfectly obvious to all the direction the thread was heading in?

Oh, that's because you wanted to land several "mugs" while coming across that you were "in the know". Your smokescreen of a point about people deflating themselves over shit rumours is nonsense, and you know it...

Why should I have to clarify something? Do I have to explain the original meaning of a thread for your benefit? I thought you were supposed to be intelligent.

If you think that I started the thread with a view to making out I was 'in the know', like I said, you've got it totally wrong. You might think otherwise, but that's your issue. It looks to me like you've presumed.

As for the 'I'm saying NOTHING' comment - Jesus, you're taking a jocular comment, teasing someone halfway through the thread that I did know something, and running in your own direction with it. I'd actually forgotten I'd posted it earlier until I read it just now. But then, I didn't realise I had to explain every comment to you purely for your gratification.

So please don't tell me what I know.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Have to agree with WW here TLO, you have a rep for this kind of crap so you should have posted a disclaimer in your first post rather than backpeddling now.

Bloody hell, it looks like no amount of explaining my thought processes (not that I thought that I needed to) is going to satisfy some people.

I know what I was thinking when I started the thread - and now I've clarified it, you're effectively calling me a liar. You and WW think you know me better than I do - there's not much I can do to argue against that.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I am neither calling you a liar or claiming to know what you are thinking, both are unknown to me.

You are quite possibly telling the truth. I am saying that given your rep and track record you should of taken into account how others may have viewed it, the thread, and posted a disclaimer to begin with.

You are guilty of oversite. It would be like me opening a thread saying I am now a reformed character without stating I am not trolling the sheeple of NSC. People would automaticly assume I was on a wind up, thats not calling me a liar or claiming to read my mind just a fair assesment given my track record.

Dont get to butt hurt over it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'd think about it for all of 5 minutes then would concentrate on the signing. NSC doesnt rule my life that much for it to be life changing I'm afraid

D

Deleted User X18H

As for the 'I'm saying NOTHING' comment earlier in the thread, well, it looks like I landed a couple of mugs there...

Oh don't flatter yourself no one has thought that.

The only loop you've ever been in is probably a massive bowl of Honey Nut ones.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The point was about how people steaming themselves up over 'shit' rumours would deflate themselves should one of these rumours come true - it's NOT a 'I know something you don't' thread

Can you see why people might think starting your own thread, rather than just putting "you'll be a bit gutted if this comes true" on one of the other threads, seems a tiny bit self-important?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Can you see why people might think starting your own thread, rather than just putting "you'll be a bit gutted if this comes true" on one of the other threads, seems a tiny bit self-important?

Well, you might. I hadn't given it much thought. Perhaps I should have done - it seems some people are getting their knickers in a twist over something I hadn't considered.

But then if you want to consider that, then why not consider making a judgement on every single thread and why it was started? Or perhaps you do. Put it this way, if someone else had started this thread, I wouldn't have considered it self-important.

In fact, to give you an idea of my thinking, I don't even consider HB&B's blog threads self-important, when others evidently do. Tedious, but not self-important.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Well, you might. I hadn't given it much thought. Perhaps I should have done - it seems some people are getting their knickers in a twist over something I hadn't considered.

But then if you want to consider that, then why not consider making a judgement on every single thread and why it was started? Or perhaps you do. Put it this way, if someone else had started this thread, I wouldn't have considered it self-important.

In fact, to give you an idea of my thinking, I don't even consider HB&B's blog threads self-important, when others evidently do. Tedious, but not self-important.

:shrug: I won't ask. Perhaps the best thing you can do is 'get up slowly' and leave this thread.

Last edited:

NONE of this stuff is important.
Unless I said it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here