Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would happen to the stadium if a club went bust?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Been wondering what they would do with somewhere like Darlington or Southampton's St Mary's or God forbid Falmer if we went bust after it was completed.

Another team use it or knock it down and build houses which I doubt they could do with Falmer?

I can't imagine they'd just leave it to deteriorate, although that is exactly what happened to the Valley before Charlton managed to move back their, even though they hadn't gone bust.

Other solutions?

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Did you wake up after a having a nightmare and start this thread?! At 06.59 the best advice I can give for such a posting is go back to bed!:thumbsup:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
could be used as a raiders of the lost ark type thingy storage facility for all the antique fridges ect in the gardens of scoomb ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Very little chance of us going broke, when we have Dick Knight at the helm.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
they could put a glass roof on it and use it to grow tomatoes

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Club, stadium should all be separate companies. Land is owned by the council, so some mug lover of football and B&H Albion, would come along, put a few bob in a new company and off we go again, Brighton & Hove FC. :thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I didn't know that, its a long time since I have been there. I am sure that it was originally bought by Sainsburys, but they didnt get planning permission to build a supermarket on it. What is it now then?

Ugly flats. Poor old Wombles.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Isn't Millmoor just sitting there waiting for Rotherham to sort out the financial issues?

Also, isn't Feethams just sitting there rotting - bet the fans would rather be watching matches there than where they are now.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Isn't Millmoor just sitting there waiting for Rotherham to sort out the financial issues?

Also, isn't Feethams just sitting there rotting - bet the fans would rather be watching matches there than where they are now.

Think Feethams burnt down in the end.

Over here, Athlone's old stadium (St. Mels) is just rotting down, grass is about three foot high on the pitch now. Suspect the plan was to put houses on it but the economy intervened in that.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
All that would happen is there would be a 23,000 seater stadium without a team to play in it, at least until the Football League allowed Brighton and Hove Albion (2012) Ltd to take the original clubs place with a 4,000 point deduction.

The council will get it and use it for community stuff

I very much hope that this is the correct answer. The City Council should ensure that the paperwork is done NOW to guarantee that no future owner of the football club can repeat the asset stripping that we saw happen to the Goldstone Ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here