Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would be a reasonable price to charge to wach football at Falmer

1066gull

I wouldnt be prepared to go until serious changes are made at the helm.

Dont want Knight gone but I want Bloom to have more of a say over the running than Dick

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I wouldnt be prepared to go until serious changes are made at the helm.

Dont want Knight gone but I want Bloom to have more of a say over the running than Dick

So you want changes to the structure that you know nothing about? :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is it true that in America members of their armed forces get into sporting events free of charge?

I don't think it's a common practice, but largely through local veteran groups, i.e. you can't show up at the gate and say "I'm a veteran, let me in free", but they do make arrangements so you can show up to your local veterans centre, or local army base and collect free tickets.

I know WWE will broadcast their PPV events free of charge to military bases.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't think it's a common practice, but largely through local veteran groups, i.e. you can't show up at the gate and say "I'm a veteran, let me in free", but they do make arrangements so you can show up to your local veterans centre, or local army base and collect free tickets.

I know WWE will broadcast their PPV events free of charge to military bases.

Does PSB mean servicemen who are on leave or awaiting posting overseas going to sporting events dressed in military uniform rather than generally including all ex service personnel as well ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does PSB mean servicemen who are on leave or awaiting posting overseas going to sporting events dressed in military uniform rather than generally including all ex service personnel as well ?

I don't know what PSB meant, but when I say Veterans, I mean both currant and former servicemen. They have military IDs that for some shows WWE say show up at the box office on a particular day and you get a free ticket. I imagine most sports franchises do the same.

Due to the strong patriotism in america, there is a huge amount of support for troops, even from those who oppose particular wars (you hear lots about people buying servicemen drinks in bars instead of abusing them like a lot get hee supposedly). So it's a good PR thing for sports franchises to do even if they don't believe what they're doing.

I don't know what PSB meant, but when I say Veterans, I mean both currant and former servicemen. They have military IDs that for some shows WWE say show up at the box office on a particular day and you get a free ticket. I imagine most sports franchises do the same.

Due to the strong patriotism in america, there is a huge amount of support for troops, even from those who oppose particular wars (you hear lots about people buying servicemen drinks in bars instead of abusing them like a lot get hee supposedly). So it's a good PR thing for sports franchises to do even if they don't believe what they're doing.

Servicemen/women who are on leave.I guess they would need to arrange tickets before though. Whilst on tour with the band in America last summer I noticed yellow ribbons tied outside people's houses and support our troops posters.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here