• Non-alcoholic (cold)

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Something else / something I've missed

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No just one example of how the experts on beer and everything to do with pubs swore how good the Directors was and they were drinking a keg not even brewed by Courage at the time. It was comical to see them hold up the beer to the light, smell it etc and then give their verdict on it and then put in their reports for the booklet how good the Directors in this particular pub was.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Pleasantly surprised by this poll. I thought the lager would wholly dominate. I just hope they can get enough ale in to last through to the end of half time. Should be ok with populous shouldn't they? Doesn't go off like kegs?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pleasantly surprised by this poll. I thought the lager would wholly dominate. I just hope they can get enough ale in to last through to the end of half time. Should be ok with populous shouldn't they? Doesn't go off like kegs?

A cask irrespective of size of Real Ale should be consumed in 3 days, whereas a keg of John Smiths or similar within 6 or 8 weeks hence most people stock keg beer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is it definite that stuff like Guinness (and it's bottles, not draft, right?), Symond's and Hophead will be available in all concourse bars?

The sign image posted looked complete and there was no space for anything else to be added in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would be very suprised but delighted if bottled Guinness is sold, provided it is room temperature not out of a fridge, but then on that I will be in the minority so will have to buy 2 or 3 at a time and leave them on the table for a time to warm up,

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Soup.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Your opinion on Harvey's is meaningless as you have an ongoing elephantine grudge against them, and your attitude to a full, popular pub wth a choice of decent beers (your idea of abysmal, it appears) is seemingly delibarately contrary.

Apart from that, if you didn't want to vote on it, why bother posting - apart from airing your ongoing miseries?

Reading between the lines I think he is inferring to the fact that all of the above on the list are crap and will be pretty expensive at The Amex. As for The Evening Star, I used to live in Surrey Street for approx 12 years. and that pub is shit, always has been, and without a major makeover will continue to be so. One of only a handful of pubs in Brighton where you wipe the soles of your shoes when leaving

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I would be very suprised but delighted if bottled Guinness is sold, provided it is room temperature not out of a fridge, but then on that I will be in the minority so will have to buy 2 or 3 at a time and leave them on the table for a time to warm up,
Sorry, my message was supposed to say "polypins". What is the difference between a polypin and a cask?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry, my message was supposed to say "polypins". What is the difference between a polypin and a cask?

Apart from the obvious polypins are what they say made of polythene type material, and casks are either wood or metal, there is the size usually polypins are smaller but not always as you can get 9gal size of each. Without knowing the storage layout I would hazard a guess that they will use kils (18 gals casks) for the Harveys and probably firkins (9 gals) of Hophead and probably syphons and may even due to movement etc have the beer 'bright'. The lager etc will probably be in 100ltr (22gal) kegs or the probable slower selling lines in 50ltr (11gal) kegs.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Tempted by the Dark Star but will wait and see on the quality. It's very easy to have a bad pint of ale, especially in a mass environment like the Amex. Failing that I'll be more than happy on the Guinness.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is it definite that stuff like Guinness (and it's bottles, not draft, right?), Symond's and Hophead will be available in all concourse bars?

I hope to christ that the Guiness IS only sold in bottles and not on draught. The queues will get ridiculous otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here