Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will it take for you to REALLY believe that we can go up?

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Way too early, but if we're around the top 3 after the Christmas games then the excitement will notch right up.
Injuries could be key, but we have some great depth now, especially attacking.

TBH, I think we've had our fair share of injuries already. Buckley, Hoskins, Adam and Tommy at the back, KLL not match fit...............

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
If we are top at Christmas. But seriously who knows i was expecting 12/16 Im now thinking playoffs

Was speaking to a pool and united fan they think.we will get.automatic promotion Im not so sure.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
When we can no longer be caught by the third place team AND the FL have announced that there will be no points deduction because of mindless children invading the pitch against Palace.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Would it really be that shocking?

Haven't there been over 40 different teams in the premier league since it was established? Some of us grew up with the Albion in the top league with a different name. Plus now we have a great chairman, great manager, some of the best players I have ever seen in Blue n white stripes and are playing at the lovely Amex!

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
When we can no longer be caught by the third place team AND the FL have announced that there will be no points deduction because of mindless children invading the pitch against Palace.

you've been told [MENTION=20700]southern_sid[/MENTION]

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm not saying if we win at Leicester next week we'll go up, but there won't be many harder games than that and as every week goes by, the more convinced I am that we are in with a huge shout. I predicted 12th at the start of the season, I reckon top 6 now at least! But yes, long long way to go I know.........

That's my point, say we beat the likes of Leicester, Leeds, West Ham, Hull, Birmingham? That to me proves that we are capable of doing it. Not that it's nailed on, but that we are capable.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If we were top end of Oct after playing WHU , Brum , Leicester then I would entertain the thought of play offs

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
That's my point, say we beat the likes of Leicester, Leeds, West Ham, Hull, Birmingham? That to me proves that we are capable of doing it. Not that it's nailed on, but that we are capable.

I am convinced we will beat Leeds and CP this month. The only thing that I believe can stop us from this is the fact of 3 games in 7 days. Palace really are in a false position and Leeds are on a downward spiral..........Mikael Forssell, what a signing!!! He was muck at Palace a few years ago.......I doubt he's got any better!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Let's just concentrate on not getting RELEGATED first , get the points from that and then hit every boundary.

it sounds dull but let's not run before we can walk.. enjoy the moment for sure.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
I thought it was in the bag already - the way we are playing, god Gus at the helm - whats to worry about?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There you go ... 45 points going into Xmas fixtures we've avoided relegation and can begin to dream :lolol:

I thought it was in the bag already - the way we are playing, god Gus at the helm - whats to worry about?

It's actually things like above which I am misquoting for a reason (sorry kip no offence) that just makes me think we're getting ahead of ourselves, and no I'm not a miserable old bastard! I want promotion as much as the next Albion supporter. But it seems that people here are playing the matches for the team and putting them as a top 6 cert. Pressure and tension grows on match day, especially during a sticky patch, fans get on players backs because they believe we are definitely play off candidates, and everything starts going tits up. It's September guys, though it may as well be August because we haven't played since then.

Live the dream by all means, I certainly am, but keeps your aims to the more sensible pre-season level most of you had them at and take the rest as a bonus.

Awaits the disgust of NSC registrants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here