Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will it take for you to REALLY believe that we can go up?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
For me, I don't want to even entertain the idea yet. The thought of Brighton playing in the Premier League is so unbelievable, I don't want to torture myself by thinking of how wonderful it would be...

"Yes we're top of the league, yes we've been playing amazing football, but It's ONLY September, other teams have Premiership quality players! Don't get carried away" - I keep telling myself.

At what point do you think we'll know whether or not we're really capable of going up? I reckon that by the end of October we'll have played enough games against enough quality teams to know.

What do you think?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
There are always teams that start off to a FLYER but then do not keep it up, think Sheff Weds this time last year. So, if we are still there in January then i will start to believe.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
For me it wasn't until the Carlisle game that I genuinely believed we were going up last year (can't remember which month that was). So it won't be until next year that I'll start thinking of it this time around. I always err on the side of pessism though

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
My birthday is on the 5th of January, if we're still in the top 6 then, I'll start genuinely believing we can do it rather than just hoping it!

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Next seasons fixture list.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
We're presumably only talking about "can" rather than "will" or "probably will".

On that basis, if we're still top by the end of September then I'll start believing a little bit more than I do now.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
way to early for that..top 2 in March and we're in the hunt...... still think top 6 would be a massive achievement

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
A small 'p' next to our name in the table.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm in a minority then. I already think we could well go up and will be in a 3 way tussle all season for the top 2 places with West Ham and Southampton.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I'm not saying if we win at Leicester next week we'll go up, but there won't be many harder games than that and as every week goes by, the more convinced I am that we are in with a huge shout. I predicted 12th at the start of the season, I reckon top 6 now at least! But yes, long long way to go I know.........

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Way too early, but if we're around the top 3 after the Christmas games then the excitement will notch right up.
Injuries could be key, but we have some great depth now, especially attacking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here