What will be the new manager's "brief"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I reckon he'll be asked to ensure:
* relegation is avoided
* secure a mid table place ideally, but not essential
* identify some realistic signings and report back with the required WARCHEST before the summer.
* next season, a play off spot - bare minimum - because the funds will be made available.

That's what I think.

I reckon he'll be asked to ensure:
* relegation is avoided
* secure a mid table place ideally, but not essential
* identify some realistic signings and report back with the required WARCHEST before the summer.
* next season, a play off spot - bare minimum - because the funds will be made available.

That's what I think.

Agreed. However I also think that money will be made available for a couple of January signings; probably a centre back and a centre midfielder, so the new man will have to have some ideas about who he wants to bring in then as well.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I wouldn't be suprised if overseeing a major clear out was also deemed to be necessary, especially given some of the comments coming out of the club regarding players attitudes and professionalism.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Just to steady the boat at the moment, bring in players where needed (defence and midfield especially) and to make sure we remain a league one club for next year. After that well, I think it should be all about building the club and cementing our challenge for promotion leading to cementing our championship status when we are at Falmer. The next man in should be in for the long run, a decent stint and given the support and structure to do so.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Still have a job come Easter -- and that's only even money.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
* Make sure he does ruddy well in his first 15 games
* Shut up Adam Virgo
* Keep Elliott Bennett
* Keep someone upfront for defending corners
* Stop defenders backing off letting attackers run into our box and shoot
* Get SPORKS into Withdean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here