Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Were Your Most Memorable Bits of the Day Out to Villa?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
All by myself when I got to my seat in the upper stand - I'm a Blue member, and my Leicester mates were White, so we'd bought our tickets separately and they were in the lower stand.

Then someone tapped me on the shoulder, and said "Hey, I've got the seat next to you!" - a colleague from work! He's a STH (from Nottingham!), and bought his ticket well before I did.

How did the ticket office work that bit of magic?

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Due to a connection problem at Milton Keynes 4 of us decided to grab a cab to the nearest pub. The Indian cabbie was not happy moaning that he had sat in the Taxi queue for an hour to only score a fare worth £2.90.
We could see his point on the way back, it only took 5 minutes to walk it:laugh:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
My favourite bit of the game was half-time actually. For that fifteen minutes, nothing or nobody could change the fact that we were drawing 1-1 at Villa Park. I said to my brother at the time "whatever happens now, we'll always have this" meaning the fifteen minutes to just enjoy the fact we were deservedly level with one of the best teams in the country.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Great pics of the bishop. I seriously think some Albion-themed MITRES being worn at matches would be a great thing to behold. Amen.

I foresee a last-away-game-of-the-season fancy dress theme coming up here :clap:

http://www.nonstopparty.co.uk/Product.aspx?CategoryID=0&ProductName=Bishops_mitre_hat

286324.jpg

£3.99: a bargain

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Train journey back from Sheff was memorable as GTFC's crew , Cleethorpes Beach Patrol were not in the best of moods. Additional BTP had to join the train at Donny & Scunny.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
- i wasnt there for one very good reason ... but my son (14) went to his first away game ever ... we came over from Germany for the weekend and he woke up on Sunday and said that Saturday was "the best day of my life so far" ... he mentioned the fat bloke too ... but the equaliser was by far the "best moment" ... obviously

Oct 25, 2003
-seeing my PRINTED ARTICLE (the flair one) in TSLR

-going spastic when elphick scored

-seeing habib beye AT LAST

-james milner

-inigo calderon controlling the ball in the air on his chest

-that weird ruskin hall place

-realising how lucky i am to live in brighton

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Took my eldest son (11) to his first away game - he thought Villa Park was "awesome". Went with friends, enjoyed the whole day. My son and I were in the deadly Doug lower about four rows from the front. Had a great view and even better after the three lads in font of us were taken out by stewards/police after the equaliser (not sure why). Before the game we got a taxi from BNS straight to The Bartons Arms (and went back there after the game too). All the Villa fans we spoke to were friendly - top people. Went back on the 7.10pm from BNS. No probs.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
What a day, what a furkin day!

Too many high points that demand superlatives to describe them.

* The Blue and White Trail of the Albion Faithful that could be seen making its way from the glorious South Coast to Villa Park.

* Elphick's equaliser (sorry, got to be said)

* The melodious rapture from the away end.

* Not being told to "sit down" by an over zealous steward.

A day to be proud of that will remain prominent in the Albion history book.

Amen.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Took my eldest son (11) to his first away game - he thought Villa Park was "awesome". Went with friends, enjoyed the whole day. My son and I were in the deadly Doug lower about four rows from the front. Had a great view and even better after the three lads in font of us were taken out by stewards/police after the equaliser (not sure why). Before the game we got a taxi from BNS straight to The Bartons Arms (and went back there after the game too). All the Villa fans we spoke to were friendly - top people. Went back on the 7.10pm from BNS. No probs.
Unfortunately,after you have lived in the the Midlands for some time,you get a bit used to singing 'Roll out the barrel',the BCFC version,when a goal is scored against the Villa.:blush::dunce:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Very true,but a catchy song after a liquid lunch:laugh::blush::thumbsup::cheers:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
A pint of Guinness in the Bartons Arms before the game.

The chips in the Doug Ellis lower stand. Freshly fried; with salt, vinegar & ketchup. Best yet at a footie ground.

Mr Elphick sticking one in, and Mr Forster doing the same right in front of us.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Me & Gav1901's failed money making effort in Oxford service station on the Golfing Game :clap2:

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
What about LEGALY smoking inside the service station??

How about having to wait 20 minuets for some little shit to purchase his fast food on the way back. :rant:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
1. Being able to stand the whole game without being asked to sit - a first in a premiershite ground.

2. Realising that the facilities at Falmer will be better than a top premiershite ground.

3. The PA not announcin the Albion team!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here