Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were/are your thoughts when you hear Premier League Ready?

PLR means ...

• The club off the pitch, personnel, contracts, advertising, et al will all be in place for the PL.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • All things on the pitch will be able to get promoted and perform in the PL

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Generally a decent mix of both.

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • I don't listen to blue skies thinking.

Votes: 15 27.8%

• Total voters

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'm sure it was said on one of those martin Perry tour videos.
The stadium is compliant with European football.

If that's not the case I retract my previous post and sincerely apologise to [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] for being rude.

Apology accepted .

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"Customers not Fans", "Premier League Ready", "One club one ambition". They're just trite soundbites that have been used by the club at some time or another in some capacity or another. Some may have been over-magnified on here or the context twisted slightly, but at the end of the day it's just the standard meaningless bollocks-speak that a lot of modern organisations use. Next time you hear something like that just roll your eyes and move on, it really isn't important. No. It. Isn't.

(Although having said that the 'one club one ambition' slogan annoys me slightly as it is both trite and unoriginal. I'm awaiting the next denial that the club 'never really meant it as a slogan')

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
At the time I bought into it 100% but it sounds a bit silly now because the most important component is nowhere near ready any more.

Is the team necessarily the most important component?

Players come and go whole teams change over the summer. Infrastructure take huge amount of time and investment.

Imo Tony and the club have done this completely the right way round. I believe tony is waiting to invest more in the team when we are truly ready to reach the prem and stay there. A la southampton and Swansea. Not just be a your club.

For me that's within the next 5 years when the academy starts to produce cost effective, quality players.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Surely most clubs aspire to the premier league. The stadium and training ground are premier league ready. The playing squad is a long way off.(No different to a large percentage of clubs in the championship though.)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Nothing wrong with as an ambition, and nothing wrong with having PLR infrastructure and it was 100% right to have PL standards in place throughout so when the time comes the transition is easy. I'm not overly bothered if/when we eventually get there though.

Of course it's good to have ambition, but I suggest the club would have been smart to keep their light under a bushel until we were in a position to shout about it. At the moment it just sounds stupidly over ambitious.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
P
Is the team necessarily the most important component?

Players come and go whole teams change over the summer. Infrastructure take huge amount of time and investment.

Imo Tony and the club have done this completely the right way round. I believe tony is waiting to invest more in the team when we are truly ready to reach the prem and stay there. A la southampton and Swansea. Not just be a your club.

For me that's within the next 5 years when the academy starts to produce cost effective, quality players.

I agree that we will have to wait until the academy produces as we are repeatedly being told that we cannot compete with parachute payment clubs and those willing to ignore FFP. Alllfair enough, but the fact that it is going to take a while to get there would suggest we are not PLR on the pitch, which was my original point.

SAC

May 21, 2014
When I hear PL ready I think PL ticket prices. Therefore the infrastructure and the playing staff and the management should all be of a standard you would expect in the PL.

In reality PL ready means PL ticket prices in order to (help) pay for a ground and training ground that would only affordable in the PL.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At the time I bought into it 100% but it sounds a bit silly now because the most important component is nowhere near ready any more.

At the same time it is reassuring to know that should the club ever decide to mount a serious push for the Premier League, rather than hope to somehow fluke one with League One Ready players, then the infrastructure is in place.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
At the same time it is reassuring to know that should the club ever decide to mount a serious push for the Premier League, rather than hope to somehow fluke one with League One Ready players, then the infrastructure is in place.

Or the catchphrase, at least...

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
It does sound rather daft considering we're currently in the nether reaches of the Championship. God help us if we go down, that lot up the road will never let us hear the end of it. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here