Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your first ever AWAY game?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
West Brom - League Cup 1975

i was at the Forst game also ( we lost 1 or 2 nil didnt we?) huge fight in the car park as we were getting on the coaches - Didnt a train break down too?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Oooooooh I can't remember. Probably in 1990 sometime. It might even have been the play off final. No, it was that season though.

My dad only used to take me to cup games unless we were playing in Birmingham.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Not entirely sure, but it may have been against Walsall at Fellows Park. If not then it was probably either of Birmingham, Stoke (Victoria Ground), or West Brom, as my Dad has a mate in the Midlands so we used to go up there quite frequently in the mid-to-late '80s.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Mine was either a) I think a defeat away in Cardiff on a sunny summer's day in about 1978, or b) the 3-0 win at the Valley when Malcolm Poskett scored a hat-trick midweek in about 1979, making me 8 or 9 for either.

For some weird reason, I remember everything about going to that Charlton game in very vivid detail - whereabouts we stood, what the ground looked like (the main stand still had that weird old roof), what they away fans near us were like - children wearing parkas and (honestly) singing "ee I addio, Charlton wants a goal" - in their defence, they were even younger than me.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
1981, The FA cup against Man Ure of all people.

Cant say I remember that much, other than it was just before we had to move to SWEATY.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
I think it was the Kelvin Morton penalty bonanza at Selhurst. Was that '90?

Actually that might have been mine too. I played in a Junior Seagulls game in the morning too. It may also have been the game against Bournemouth that same season.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Actually that might have been mine too. I played in a Junior Seagulls game in the morning too. It may also have been the game against Bournemouth that same season.

Hey i played in that game against Palace...then we got taken to some grotty palace club to watch old palace archives

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dies Irae said:
West Brom - League Cup 1975

i was at the Forst game also ( we lost 1 or 2 nil didnt we?) huge fight in the car park as we were getting on the coaches - Didnt a train break down too?

Mine too....but what a 1st away game, a win at 1st division WBA by a 3rd division team AND Willie Johnston getting sent off for running the length of the pitch to kick the referee :clap2: :clap2:

Didn't realise that he made a habit of pissing off referees though Willie Johnston

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
blockhseagull said:
Hey i played in that game against Palace...then we got taken to some grotty palace club to watch old palace archives

I have vague memories of walking around the innards of smellhurst and then sitting in seats that seemed like they were miles from the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here