Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your first car? (not toy)

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
Champaigne (beige) Austin Metro - Vanden Plas.... leather sports steering wheel, sun roof
Quality !! BKM 789Y

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Did you used to go down Maderia drive for a race and a smoke!?

Nope, but it is still the most comfortable and reliable car I have ever owned - and it was 16 years old when I had it too! I sold it to a local fisherman who didn't want his BMW smelling of fish when he was on the run to and from work. And it is still driving around the streets of Littlehampton today, 23 years after it was born.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Simca%201100%20Ti.JPG

Simca 1100 'L' reg

Almost this, except mine was pink and 'R' reg (1977 I think).

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
If it wasn't for the colour, I might think it was me that sold it to you.

:)

In 1971 it was very well known around Brighton...................unfortunatly mostly by the police :lolol:

I think the massive Micky Mouse sticker on the boot slightly de-valued it.....actually I still had the maroon one and then got the 1200 version in two tone green, this had a special drivers door, it was held shut with string!! but it was the super duper version as opposed to the 997 maroon one.

images

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
images

...and no I didn't chav it up, although it did have coloured seatbelts and a bright yellow gear knob, apparently it was a "special edition"

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
A black 1958 Morris Minor 1000. It still had the old sticky out indicators on the side but I lost one of them when a taxi tried to cut me up.
Luckily my Dad paid for some posh new blinking lights.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Mini 850, F reg (1968) paid £50 in 1979, had to change the rear sub frame to get a MOT, first weekend on the road drove to the Goldstone instead of taking the Horsham supporters coach that I used from an early age. Had my first crash in it as well lost my licence happy memories.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
1989 Fiat Uno Eleganza 60s. 1116cc, 55ish hp, 5 doors, metallic grey.

Drove well until one of the front wheels fell off!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here