Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your favorite World cup?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Argentina 78 for me.

I was old enough to appreciate it and the atmospheres at most games seemed incredible.

The scottish farce made it really enjoyable too. The drug thing and All those fans singing "we want our money back"

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I was born in 1981 so Italia '90 for me.

I cried my eyes out when we lost on pens in the semis.

[yt]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vqzz7B7V2IE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vqzz7B7V2IE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/yt]

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
1966 - is there really any other answer?

I loved every minute of it, as all these countries I knew as stamps in my stamp album played each other. And as England progressed to the final, I couldn't understand why people didn't think it was obvious that we were going to win it - how little I knew.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
2006 i spent must of it in a drunkern haze as it was my first as a legal drinker - all day sessions in the pub, kick abouts in the garden and then out on the town already utterly bladered

i quite enjoyed 98 - croatia going miles, the hope and promise that owen gave and the best player in the world dominating the final after the second best had a mental breakdown

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
1970, Brazil were the best team I have ever seen. 1966 was good but I found it difficult to enjoy as my mother was ill and died shortly after the final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here