Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] What was your father's profession?

What is/was your Father/Papa's profession?

• Toolmaker

• Imam

• Hairdresser

• Teacher

• MP

• Mechanic

• Fire Fighter

• Police Constable

• Doctor

• Writer

• Butcher

• Plumber

• Carpenter

• Accountant

• Fisherthem

• Chef

• Manager

• Car Sales

• Driver

• Greengrocer

• Armed Forces

• Celebrity

• Lollipop Person

• Tree Surgeon

Results are only viewable after voting.

A bender - that was actually his job title, admittedly I told the kids in the playground something else.

If you are wondering, it's when the steel comes from the steelmaking plants and then has to be shaped ("bent") by big huge machines in factories for onward placement in the walls of buildings to make them more solid. Tough backbreaking work, could only last for a couple of decades before he was invalided out

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Property manager , and a bit of a c unt who I blame most of my problems I’ve had in life on him (only good thing he did was pay for me to go the Albion in my youth, and when he died left me with a right few quid )

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
My father was a grocer, greengrocer and also trained as a butcher at Smithfield Market in London.
My grandmother, who came from a very poor East end of London background but made good insisted that each of her three children should have a trade, so of his two sisters, one became a fully fledged secretary/ shorthand typist and the other a tailor.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Started off as a mechanic, ended up a senior service manager for many years.
Looking after very strong cigarettes?

My Dad spent his whole career at Seeboard, computers, from 1969 to 2003, I don't think it was called IT then.

My Step Dad was Army, Fitter, mechanic, plant hire fitter then Hire centre manager. . . .brought up with loads of power tools back when they were proper and loads of 2 stroke engines 🙌🏼

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Brick layer.

I was therefore an apprentice hod carrier and labourer during school and college holidays

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
My dad was a mechanic by trade but went into house removals and working for the inland revenue at the end of his career.

He worked hard all his life to provide for his family and was an absolute legend.

I miss him every day.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
No Drugs Baron on the list?

As for my Papa
- RAF pilot 1947 - 52
- University Lecturer [previously Polytechnic] in Electrical Engineering

Now been retired [many] more years than he worked - will be 97 in August - never known life without him - gonna be tough when he eventually calls it a day ....

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Looking after very strong cigarettes?

My Dad spent his whole career at Seeboard, computers, from 1969 to 2003, I don't think it was called IT then.

My Step Dad was Army, Fitter, mechanic, plant hire fitter then Hire centre manager. . . .brought up with loads of power tools back when they were proper and loads of 2 stroke engines 🙌🏼
Motor trade.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
My old man wore three pice whistles
He was never home for long . . .

When my dad died I contained it to a point

a few days later I listened to this master piece. Strange how things get you. . . . . Still do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here