Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your Albion highlight of 2011 - nominations sought.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There are a lot to choose from.

Nominations here please - poll of the leading contenders to follow.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
(I'm making the wild assumption that we don't trounce Coventry 16-0 on Saturday)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
how can this thread be complete without the 10 mins prior to kick off at the Doncaster game? Irrespective of the result that day or Buckley's last minute winner or the Tottenham game, those memories will live for ever

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
how can this thread be complete without the 10 mins prior to kick off at the Doncaster game? Irrespective of the result that day or Buckley's last minute winner or the Tottenham game, those memories will live for ever

Yup - this was my highlight of 2011 by a long way.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Barnes' header to seal promotion.
Bridcutts' screamer to win the Carlisle epic.
Bennett's winner at Walsall to seal the title.
CMS' second to complete the turnaround v Leeds.

But it really can only be Buckley's Donny winner. What a moment.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Has to be Bridcott's winner against Carlisle although the first game at the Amex was pretty good too.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The moment the players walked out of the tunnel and onto the pitch for the Donny game. The flags, the noise and the realisation that the years of non-football struggle dating back to before Archer and Bellotti were finally over.

Probably the greatest single moment of my Albion-supporting career ahead of such gems as Jimmy Case scoring in the semi-final and the aftermath at Newcastle in 1979.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The 10 minutes before kickoff for the Donny game and the 98th minute of that match.

The atmosphere before kickoff was utterly spinetingling - I've never felt anything like it at a football match and probably never will again. Truly unforgettable.

For the sheer elation and fairytale ending Buckley's winner is up there too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I nearly cried just before the Donny game seeing the inside of the stadium for the first time. Buckley's winner was amazing but that first feeling of elation and emotion won't be beaten. It'll stay with me forever.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
What a year that was. Walking out of the ground at Posh - wondering what it was we had just witnessed. Bennett's finish at Walsall. Walking away from Withdean at the final game, and that sign made by the old girls there. GOSBTS for the Doncaster game. Buckley's winner in the same game. There were others.

Just one. GOSBTS at the Donny game. Smoke gets in your eyes.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Walking up the steps at the Donny game and seeing the stadium for the first time from the North Stand

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What a year that was. Walking out of the ground at Posh - wondering what it was we had just witnessed. Bennett's finish at Walsall. Walking away from Withdean at the final game, and that sign made by the old girls there. GOSBTS for the Doncaster game. Buckley's winner in the same game. There were others.

Just one. GOSBTS at the Donny game. Smoke gets in your eyes.
Posh was 2010.

Gotta be Craig Pawson's performance for me :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here