Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was this TV show?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I recall a show from my childhood that was, I think on BBC in the early evening.

It involved a bloke, who I think was called Chris something, travelling around with a caravan. Or a bike with a trailer. Something unconventional anyway.

I think it was a local (ie BBC South or South-East) thing and not national, but I might be wrong.

What was the show and who was the bloke?

I ask because I think he was at the same dance show as me at the Highbridge Festival this morning and, as a result, it's now bugging the hell out of me.

Thanks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just re-read that and if anyone comes up with the show it will be a miracle. Just to be clear - the show was factual (ie not drama), but very much light-hearted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep I remember, by virtue of my Dad hating him.
He was just the roving reporter, for all things 'entertaining' on South Today, back in the day of Bruce Parker.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Sounded like Jack Hargreaves-Out of Town, until you mentioned the dance festival!!

This is him ...

image006.jpg

... dressed as William Kemp.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sounded like Jack Hargreaves-Out of Town, until you mentioned the dance festival!!

Ello fella, How you doing?

I wrote to 'Jim'll Fix It' to go fishing with Jack Hargreaves, still waiting for my reply!:tantrum:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'm just baffled as to why you're at a dance show Darren!?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Hey look, that's me!
Doin' what I wanna do,
Being what I wanna be,
Any time I wanna...

I can be a star,
Drive a racing car,
(something) as far as you can see,

Hey look, that me!"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
NSC is amazing - popped off to a meeting and came back to the correct answer!

"Hey look, that's me!
Doin' what I wanna do,
Being what I wanna be,
Any time I wanna...

I can be a star,
Drive a racing car,
(something) as far as you can see,

Hey look, that me!"

...and as I was returning to my desk, the second and third lines of this theme song sprang to mind. I was going to Google it to see if it gave me my answer - no need now!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
NSC is amazing - popped off to a meeting and came back to the correct answer!
!

No probs - it gave me a chance to refer to the TV ark website to get the clip. That site is one of my guilty pleasures. There used to be one called tv cream but I once thought I knew the address and typed it straight into the browser and got a site I would never wish to go back to again!!!

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I saw him at lancing Leisure centre - cannot remember him much but i remember his caravan. Still got his autograph somewhere!!!!

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
No probs - it gave me a chance to refer to the TV ark website to get the clip. That site is one of my guilty pleasures. There used to be one called tv cream but I once thought I knew the address and typed it straight into the browser and got a site I would never wish to go back to again!!!

tv.cream.org

there's a great clip of Chris somewhere competing in a downhill go kart race- quality.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
ah - kids TV in the 80's - a dodgy looking bloke, occasionally dressed as a woman, towing a small pink caravan by bicycle and spending his days loitering arounds kids and taking a great interest in their leisure activities.

Was that the programme where, when dressed as a woman, he'd shriek 'christopher' (followed by a funny noise caused by him / her shaking their chops) and it had a sub-programme called 'Swanage TV' attached to it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here