Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Great Days at Stringer

Mr Comptom was another mad one
Miss Hyton was the eye candy
Mr Dudson was the metalwork and stand in PE teacher with attitude
& who could forget Games with Mr Marchant & Mr Best

You sound about my age.

Mr Best worried me. Mr Compton spent his time eyeing up the girls in class - they might have been pretty to me, but I was 13. He was... not.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Lewis was selling little bits of dope to the kids, i seem to remember. He also called a black girl in my class microphone-head. Oh, and he called me a slovenly lump, or some such remark when i was warming my wet hands during lunchbreak on a freshly-lit bunsen burner.
Whilst he was a dark hero for some of the lads, i found him to be a miserable sod trapped in his self-styled novelty value. A bit of a penis.
I liked Mr Smith in the science lab who had one lung and electrocuted himself in class quite badly one day. And Mr Jarratt in Geography for his nipple-high trousers and unenviable spitting-when-he-speaks problem.

The Bun Elephant

Feb 16, 2010
Sussex By The Sea
You sound about my age.

Mr Best worried me. Mr Compton spent his time eyeing up the girls in class - they might have been pretty to me, but I was 13. He was... not.

I'm 44

Great days .... remember people being thrown in the pond on thier birthday

Also who was the deaf old boy how ran the pottery room ... That was my form room for my last 2 years .... excellent laugh

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I never had Webster but did have Leatherbarrow who was a complete tool and Daswani ( sp ? ) who I thought was a good Maths teacher but I know opinion was always split. Can't have been all bad as I got a B for my Maths.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Not sure whether i'm getting my wires crossed, but I heard Mr Spiers got done for being a nonce :eek:

Spires was another one, utter cu*t and bully to all younger kids. As soon as they hit 15-16 and were suddenly bigger than him he shut right up. Kiddie in the year above me got expelled for trying to push him over a cliff :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I never had Webster but did have Leatherbarrow who was a complete tool and Daswani ( sp ? ) who I thought was a good Maths teacher but I know opinion was always split. Can't have been all bad as I got a B for my Maths.

Mr Daswani - still there, it seems.

das.jpg

The Bun Elephant

Feb 16, 2010
Sussex By The Sea

Daswani married Miss Kennell from Westdene primary .... she was my year tutor

Also anyone remember the Daswani v Needam (think that was the science teachers name) punch up ..... LOL

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Spires was another one, utter cu*t and bully to all younger kids. As soon as they hit 15-16 and were suddenly bigger than him he shut right up. Kiddie in the year above me got expelled for trying to push him over a cliff :lolol:

Didn't he fail to get into the army for being too short, or is that a sort of small, urban myth to outline his misfortunes in life that made him so bitter and unforgiving for any youngsters around him.
Mr Dudson's barbarianism had me feign illness for 3 months to avoid his classes. His mottos were "If you don't know, you don't go." when asking some unsuspecting kid at the end of class a question meaning that everyone would stay behind until said child gave the right answer, and "You can kick me, you can punch me, but don't bloody swear at me!" when some lad would tell him to f*** off freshly after he scythed them down on the football field from behind. A mulletted animal.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Didn't he fail to get into the army for being too short, or is that a sort of small, urban myth to outline his misfortunes in life that made him so bitter and unforgiving for any youngsters around him.
Mr Dudson's barbarianism had me feign illness for 3 months to avoid his classes. His mottos were "If you don't know, you don't go." when asking some unsuspecting kid at the end of class a question meaning that everyone would stay behind until said child gave the right answer, and "You can kick me, you can punch me, but don't bloody swear at me!" when some lad would tell him to f*** off freshly after he scythed them down on the football field from behind. A mulletted animal.

'Now like I say lad, now like I say - there ain't no two ways about it...'

The main thing I recall is his San Francisco nightlife moustache.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I remember being absolutley terrified of Mr Dudson. The fact he looked like Rambo (complete with mullet) didn't help.

Also remember Mr Bone the almost deaf woodwork teacher.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
I remember being absolutley terrified of Mr Dudson. The fact he looked like Rambo (complete with mullet) didn't help.

Also remember Mr Bone the almost deaf woodwork teacher.

The Bone swung a little old man's fist at my classmate and chased him around the room all thanks to a pencil being thrown at him.

How many people here own a copy of that German teacher's 70s folk album? His name escapes me, but I remember one of the tracks is A30 (highway to the west). I have a signed copy of it somewhere.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I really hated the arse hole who taught technical drawing.

But at least we could watch the cricket.

Does anyone remember the mass exedus up to fawlcett?

TB

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
The Bone swung a little old man's fist at my classmate and chased him around the room all thanks to a pencil being thrown at him.

How many people here own a copy of that German teacher's 70s folk album? His name escapes me, but I remember one of the tracks is A30 (highway to the west). I have a signed copy of it somewhere.

Was it Mr Wooton ? I know who you mean, spent his entire lesson reading the paper generally.

And there was Herr Kurtz the German barber, who had been a professional footballer in a previous life.

Remember Mr Lewis always saying "anyone got any of that stuff you sniff" every time he wanted some Tipex.

Happy days...:rollseyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here