Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the first Gig that you went too

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Actually first saw Kasabian supporting Oasis at Heaton Park (with The Enemy as well) and they were quality so really looking forward to the gig. Just out of interest where did you see the Pistols? Was that at Brixton Academy?

i saw kasabian and the enemy on that oasis tour too, but at murrayfield in edinburgh. saw the sex pistols at the SECC in glasgow.

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
First gig: Soup Dragons about 1988 Town and Country Club, Camden.

Most recent gig: The Lemonheads, Concorde 2 December 2011.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
As an oldie, I think my first gig may have been Genesis, Hastings Pier, it was during the time that Peter Gabriel was going through his dressing up period, any one remember the haemorrhoid! I have been to some many since, some good, some not so good and some great, I remember Zappa being pushed off the stage at the Finsbury Park Astoria, or Rainbow as it was called then, I also had the great honour of listening to the late great Garry Moore playing solo in GAK one lunchtime, something I will never forget!
I have seen many of the bands mentioned in this thread.
I have a ticket for the WSU tomorrow, I may struggle with the stairs.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sussex supported by The Audience Crowborough Cross Pub Hall 1981

King Crimson in 1971 at The Dome, performing Islands and previous albums - rather a stellar start really.
Next was Bowie supporting The Groundhogs, then Sabbath, Wishbone Ash, Floyd premiering 'Dark Side', Zeppelin, and the list goes on!

Actually the first ever gig was The Joystrings, a Salvation Army band in 1965 at The King Alfred - they had a hit single in the charts some months before called 'It's An Open Secret'. I got their autographs too!
But I barely count that one, since it wasn't actually rock 'n roll :blush:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ted Nugent, in Germany, either Aachen or Cologne, can't quite remember which, it was a while back

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
My first gig was a Windows XP number... 2mb RAM, quality machine... oh

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Kid Creole and The Coconuts-Lifeboat Party- Lyceaum. Around the same time as Capital Radios best disco in town again at the Lyceaum, they used to have many acts walk on, I remember George McCrea doing Rock Your Baby good memories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here