Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the argy-bargy in the South Stand about then?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
There have been points made by all sides on here, and somewhere in the middle is the truth. I sit and stand in H block, and the atmosphere has been intimidating from both parties. yes in some cases the stewarding has been over zealous, and yes some of the fans have been inflammatory to say the least.

What has happened though is that H block has changed. Many that were around me have moved to different parts of the block or have left the ground entirely. The reasons I have heard are varied, but at various times I have heard that it is the intimidatory stewarding, and yes some of the idiots that are around that has caused these fans to move, or simply not attend.

One thing that has happened with an alarming regularity is that polite banter has been replaced with, at worst, venom between the main parties, and jaw jaw must be better than war war.

i mentioned that away fans have been selected where they are ringleaders, or drunk. Did you and can you read? Or aren't you just selectively ignoring the answers that don't suit you?

Can I read? Oh, you really are on form today. Does this tough guy act actually make you feel better about yourself? Can you not have a debate without trying to belittle someone? Are you like this in real life?

It's not rocket science, you're right. The away stand ALWAYS have a sizeable majority standing if not all of them and kicking out people when they are drunk is (once again) not the issue that we are talking about.

Let me try again:

You don't let home fans stand up. You say there are rules to be followed and one is that fans are not allowed to stand. You let away fans stand up though.

Can you see the problem?

One thing that has happened with an alarming regularity is that polite banter has been replaced with, at worst, venom between the main parties, and jaw jaw must be better than war war.

Agree completely. I wouldn't condone abusing stewards as I have seen some people do but likewise, people such as NMH seem to think that polite relations with fans (winning hearts and minds) is unnecessary nonsense. He gives stewards a bad name with that kind of attitude.

Can I read? Oh, you really are on form today. Does this tough guy act actually make you feel better about yourself? Can you not have a debate without trying to belittle someone? Are you like this in real life?

It's not rocket science, you're right. The away stand ALWAYS have a sizeable majority standing if not all of them and kicking out people when they are drunk is (once again) not the issue that we are talking about.

Let me try again:

You don't let home fans stand up. You say there are rules to be followed and one is that fans are not allowed to stand. You let away fans stand up though.

Can you see the problem?

We don't LET either area stand up, but BOTH areas had fans standing up, and BOTH areas had people ejected.
Fact.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
What is 'cp', Csider? Forgive me, as I am a 1990+ supporter...

in short it is linked to stone island but imo had not been taken on by the masses and you do not see it being sold on market stalls!!

google it or visit cpcompany.co.uk or .com

That's simply a lie. Quite clearly you do not enforce the rule anywhere near as vigorously in the away stand as you do in the home stand. It's parity that home fans want. That's all.

When you were 5, did you always need a choc-ice every time you saw someone else with one?

You understand the majority of Withdean patrons aren't champing at the bit saying they must 'stand because the away fans are'?

Follow the rules, they really are not that prohibitive. Basically, anyone coming on and confirming the rules for you is going to be "the enemy" as far as you are concerned - there's just no way of stating facts without your childish accusations, ignorance, and pathetic ranting.

I'm not going into it any further because you really are a waste of time. Example, you brought up the one-legged fan - who was thrown out for being drunk - but he's suddenly NOT the issue because he was drunk?? Well WHY did you bring him up then?
Some away fans got ejected. But me telling you this, I am suddenly a "liar"??
What's the point in me or anyone else giving you credibility with an answer?
If it doesn't suit your AGENDA then it is "irrelevent", or "lies".

And I'm the steward with bad attitude - do gimme a break!

p.s. I am eating a choc-ice. yum! :drool:

p.p.s. Addenda to steward handbook;- count the legs of fans before ejecting them for being drunk.

More immature sarcasm. You really are a nasty piece of work aren't you?

You say it's simple. It is. Apply the rules uniformly. What part of that is causing you so much trouble?

Where have I said that stewards are the enemy? All you're doing is confirming rule 3 of pot noodles guide for stewards replying to threads on NSC - "state that we have an agenda".

By the way, where did I bring up about any one-legged fans? Would you have a link to this as I don't recall saying it? Whilst you are there could you ask Champion 7 for a link to where you lot have won 4 FA awards in a row? And also to Steward 433 who seems to think that the FA have rules about numbers of stewards in stands?

And you did lie. You said that you don't let away fans stand. Do you really want to stand by that statement because I reckon I could get quite a few witnesses that say you're being somewhat economical with the truth there.

Can you see a pattern here?

Cue more sarcasm from you. You seem to get off on this sort of thing. Dunno where I got the idea you had an attitude problem. You seem so open-minded and equitable on here.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When you were 5, did you always need a choc-ice every time you saw someone else with one?

You understand the majority of Withdean patrons aren't champing at the bit saying they must 'stand because the away fans are'?

Follow the rules, they really are not that prohibitive.

To be fair to the fella tho, I don't recall any rule that says the entire away support is allowed to stand because, er, there's LOADS of them doing it. There might be some kind of gentlemen's agreement regarding away fans standing, but I strongly suspect there's no rule that differentiates between home fans standing and away fans standing. Tho please feel free to prove me wrong.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
and the clubs own staff stand every match both sides of the press box but the stewards never make any attempt to make them sit.last time they did they got told to f*** off(they did just that)surely those employees should have been ejected and banned like we would have been.
double standards apply to the reserves and youth players NMH?

and the clubs own staff stand every match both sides of the press box but the stewards never make any attemp to make them sit.
double standards apply to the reserves and youth players NMH?

Not in the aisles or walkways. Otherwise, staff (that will often need to move around, take care of their own work issues at any given time during a match) can stand there, behind disabled area but not in the walkway. If they do stand in the walkways, it is common for club staff to be spoken to by stewards.
Playing staff have been reported before, incidentally, for persistently ignoring such rules, but as you might expect - the type of player with generally questionable attitude elsewhere.

That's mature?

That's not sarcastic?

:shrug:

Great, then I can go back to my choc-ice.

1 sarcastic post out of how many on this thread and you are right it was childish. I apologise becuase I'm mature enough to know when I'm being a twat.

And I know why you stumbled across it. You were desperately trying to find where I had mentioned about the one-legged fan. I didn't did I? Funny you haven't mentioned that.

So....are you going to answer my points, are you going to not bother responding anymore as you promised earlier or are you going to come back with another smart alec response and avoid all the tough questions which make you look the petty minded bureaucrat that you obviously are?

I didn't bother asking you for a retraction of your one-legged man accusation. Humility ain't your bag.

1 sarcastic post out of how many on this thread and you are right it was childish. I apologise becuase I'm mature enough to know when I'm being a twat.

And I know why you stumbled across it. You were desperately trying to find where I had mentioned about the one-legged fan. I didn't did I? Funny you haven't mentioned that.

So....are you going to answer my points, are you going to not bother responding anymore as you promised earlier or are you going to come back with another smart alec response and avoid all the tough questions which make you look the petty minded bureaucrat that you obviously are?

I didn't bother asking you for a retraction of your one-legged man accusation. Humility ain't your bag.

You are correct, it was Mellor 4 Ward 3 who brought up the disabled drunk.
The echo of his (or her) attitude from your posts made me think it was you.

I must wholeheartedly apologize for that oversight.

Back to square one though on the points - we do have an agenda, it's all about preserving the rules, making sure ALL fans have the unfettered ability to enjoy the match when they observe those rules, and ultimate health and safety of all attending.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here