Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the 1st away game you went to ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Aldershot in the late 1960's Worse pitch I have ever seen. A bit like the Adur at low tide, but muddier. 0-0.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I claim the earliest so far - Aldershot 1964 (March 21st - Grand National day - so a 5.30 kick off) Went on the supporters' club coach. We lost 0-1, starting a long trend of watching away defeats.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Can you beat my run wolfie, I am currently sat on 10 defeats in a row (only one of them was at home, to Sheff Weds last season)...as a warning, I will be going to Northampton tomorrow, so if you see a mad bloke going delirious if we draw 0-0...it may well be me.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Portsmouth in the early 90's, the one with the mini crush on the terrace!

Great fun watching my dad go mental at a policeman with one of my mates digging holes in the pitch!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Gully said:
Can you beat my run wolfie, I am currently sat on 10 defeats in a row (only one of them was at home, to Sheff Weds last season)...as a warning, I will be going to Northampton tomorrow, so if you see a mad bloke going delirious if we draw 0-0...it may well be me.
went to wolves in the mid eighties and we hadnt scored in nearly 600minutes in football. we won 1-nil and i missed the goal as i was at the bar!

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
My current run (home and away) is eleven straight defeats - the last was at Upton Park - and I am afraid I am going to Northampton tomorrow !

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I wish Gully and wolfie had posted this earlier before we bought our tickets for tomorrow.
Still even bad runs come to an end sometime. :lolol:

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Very true Yorkie, I have seen a couple of goals in that run and an hour of excellent football (Notts Forest), but it has been largely disappointing.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Yorkie said:
I wish Gully and wolfie had posted this earlier before we bought our tickets for tomorrow.
Still even bad runs come to an end sometime. :lolol:
we will draw 1-1 tomorrow! you heard it here first!

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Have to admit that is the score I am predicting, think they will score first and we will get an equaliser late in the game, to send the travelling hoards home happy...with me and wolfie delerious.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Good news folks - I have just realised it is all ticket tomorrow, so I might have to give it a miss (unless I can get in with the home fans)

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...bad news, I already have my ticket!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Spurs, in the 60's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here