Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the 1st Albion kit you bought / year ?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Britsh Cal which went lilac after a few washes

first kit was United away 1979 admiral number with 3 vertical black stripes

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
You guys can prob help me identify mine. I was a young lad so would have been early 80's and it was plain blue, white collar and cuffs, made by admiral (with white admiral badge), sort of airtex type material BUT mine didn't have a sponsor on it - so maybe it was a training top? But i am sure I had matching shorts and socks to go with it.....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
NOBO one from the mid 80's

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
TSB home shirt, whatever year that was?

dylan_bha said:
You guys can prob help me identify mine. I was a young lad so would have been early 80's and it was plain blue, white collar and cuffs, made by admiral (with white admiral badge), sort of airtex type material BUT mine didn't have a sponsor on it - so maybe it was a training top? But i am sure I had matching shorts and socks to go with it.....

Only thought is that it was a change kit from around 1974 when for a season we wore an all white home kit (to make us look like Real Madrid - made us look more like the Real Thing).

Otherwise admiral didn't make our kit until Brady arrived in 1995 (Blue & White stripes "Sandtex") and certainly never, to my recollection, made a plain blue shirt.

I'm afraid you probably gopt fobbed off with a generic blue shirt from Admiral that you were told was a "brighton" shirt. Did it have a badge on it

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Basil Fawlty said:
I can't actually remember what my first Albion kit was, but I do know that I did have the pink nobo shirt.

You could ask your mum!

Mine was the 1988 Spall shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here