Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was popular when you were at school?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Polio and head lice.

-Pokemon Cards, however as others have said they were banned by the school for being such a nuisance.

-Seem to remember that Scoobies (whatever the hell they were supossed to be) were hugely popular (mostly amongst the girls) at my high school

-Denise Lewis Heptathlon Game on the BBC website: lots of us would use the IT room at lunch break JUST to play this. Think teachers even had a tournament for Comic Relief one lunctime...and as it always is none of us went along as we were playing football instead.

-Plastic Premier League Fans: Albion fans in my high school were a rare thing, and I got a lot of crap from the plastics for supporting "a s**t team"...didn't care what they thought because at least I actually went to see my team...reaping the rewards now for sure!

Dec 29, 2011
In Primary school it was Pogs and Gel pens, in secondary school we moved on to "You dropped your gay card" insults and also a game where you had to slide the two pence piece as close to the end of the table without it falling off.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What did that entail? Sounds like some sort of gay witch-hunt

"Are you a Benny tied to a tree?"

"What? No!"

"Aaargh! Benny on the loose! Benny on the loose!"

It was kind of like that :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Other than Bennies, it would have been Garbage Pail & Mexico 86 stickers.

& Carrot Cruncher & I causing all sorts of mayhem by locking all the infants' school toilet door cubicles & climbing out to freedom, immediately before the little cherubs were due to leave on a school outing :thumbsup:

(we must have been well 'ard first year juniors by that stage).

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Five Stones (sometimes called Jacks). Most of us couldn't afford shop supplied so we used crown bottle tops.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Battle Picture Weekly or Fiesta

the latter usually had to be outsourced via a disused bike shed or garage and was normally well "read"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here