Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What value a PSL if Albion reach the Premier League?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
If you have a decent seat, and can afford it, I would consider it. There may be a PSL offering in the future, I honestly don't know. But it won't be at this price, especially now it's fairly clear that we're going to sell a shed-load of season tickets.

This is based one what the sales men at the presentation say in terms of us selling out which you would expect them to say. If you look at clubs like Swansea and Hull who's new stadiums aren't sold out after a couple of seasons and they are simalar sized if not bigger clubs than us. It's basically a gamble that the stadium will sell out and for years to come. If it doesn't then there is no value in this product at all as far as I can see.

I know your not supposed to do it but if your daughter stops going what is to stop you renewing it in her name and passing the ticket to someone else? (Unless you sell it to a Man and I guess it would be a bit more obvious)

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I'm considering it. Mainly because I'm paying for two season tickets, one in my teenage daughter's name. If she stops going, or when she (hopefully) goes to uni, I can't just sell it to a friend. It has to go back in the pot. If I own the PSL, I can sell it to a friend.

Are you sure about that? I thought you could transfer your season ticket to a friend?

The Bun Elephant

Feb 16, 2010
Sussex By The Sea
To break even in 3 years it would need to be worth approx £2200 (based on £500 for PSL + 3 season tickets at £500 per year + club admin for selling) Based on that ... does it make sense to do ? .... Only time will tell

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
To break even in 3 years it would need to be worth approx £2200 (based on £500 for PSL + 3 season tickets at £500 per year + club admin for selling) Based on that ... does it make sense to do ? .... Only time will tell

Yes, but if you sub out your ST at £500 p.a you can take £1500 off that figure.

Lush

Mods' Pet
You can't transfer to a friend. Because you don't own it. You're simply paying for a season with a guarantee of renewal. If YOU don't renew then it becomes available for general purchase/people on the waiting list. Same at Withdean I think.

When season tickets go on sale if you're quick and you know a particular seat is available you can ask for it, but there are no guarantees just because you knew the last occupier.

Obviously unofficially you could carry on paying and someone else could pay you. But it would be your name on the ticket and the club would frown on this, not just because of the PSLs but also because they need to know WHO is in the ground re banned supporters etc.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
You can't transfer to a friend. Because you don't own it. You're simply paying for a season with a guarantee of renewal. If YOU don't renew then it becomes available for general purchase/people on the waiting list. Same at Withdean I think.

When season tickets go on sale if you're quick and you know a particular seat is available you can ask for it, but there are no guarantees just because you knew the last occupier.

Obviously unofficially you could carry on paying and someone else could pay you. But it would be your name on the ticket and the club would frown on this, not just because of the PSLs but also because they need to know WHO is in the ground re banned supporters etc.

Noted. Am guessing, though, if you wanted to transfer to a mate, say half way through a season, unless the club suddenly get very commercial/non fan friendly about it, they would allow it. Appreciate they are trying to sell PSLs, but cant believe they will want to alienate the fans?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here