Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
manimal-08_small.jpg

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
3 things i remember scared me.

1. Dr Who episode where the manequin dummy comes alive and kills people.

2. Big Foot episode of a show Called "in Search Of" hosted by Leonard Nimoy.

3. Flying Monkeys from Wizard of Oz

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The other thing that scared me was a mid-late 70s kids program - can't remember the name - where all mechanical and electrical things stopped working and people couldn't go near power lines, cars, etc. Found that dead creepy and wouldn't go near power lines at all if I could avoid them.

YES YES YES

The nasty man in the series was called Davey and his daughter was one of the main characters...AND...the theme tune was Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The other thing that scared me was a mid-late 70s kids program - can't remember the name - where all mechanical and electrical things stopped working and people couldn't go near power lines, cars, etc. Found that dead creepy and wouldn't go near power lines at all if I could avoid them.

Wasnt that "The Quatermass Experiment" all the youths began to chant "Ley, Ley,Ley" in groups and then they would get vapourised, that had something to do with a collapse of all power and society crumbling.

I was particularly cacked out by the episode of Dr. Who with the giant maggots eek.

Also I spent the Summer of 76 being shit scared of swimming in the sea because of Jaws

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Oh, and the Bionic Bigfoot episode of the "Six Million Dollar Man" Freaked me out as well for some reason.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
there was a program on called choccies children or something in the mid 80s

Cant remember it very well, just remember it being a bit weird and scary

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I used to watch a lot of hammer horror films from an early age so not much spooked me but three things come to mind.

Salems lot (the david soul version) there is a clip where the vampire sits up in a prison cell.

Hammer house of horrors, there was one episode where the walls started to bleed.

There was a british dramatisation of dracula in the late 70's where the vampire (who I think was played by a french actor) was flapping his way up a wall with a human head but a bats body.

Special mention to any public service announcements and one obscure halloween episode of nationwide where a pair of red eyes appeared suddenly through a letter box, That really shit me up.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I used to watch a lot of hammer horror films from an early age .

Same here, but what sticks in my mind as shitting me up was Karen Black in Trilogy of Terror getting chased around her apartment by the little African doll with the kitchen knife... A bit like this in fact:

[yt]DfLa57z1of8[/yt]

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
there was a program on called choccies children or something in the mid 80s

Cant remember it very well, just remember it being a bit weird and scary

Wow! I had forgotten about that. It was some kind of extra-terrestrial friend and it was a source of knowledge or something similar...? Memory is a bit sketchy on this.

Edit: Ah ha! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocky#Chocky

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here