Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What TV scared you as a kid?

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
I seem to remember a program called "Wessex Tales" (I think) & there was one episode which featured a Bigfoot-type thing living in the woods, which really put the willies up me at the time.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The band in the muppets

I was worried by an episode of The Flintstones, where a robot clone of Fred kept ranting monotonously "yabba.......dabba......doo".

Also, an Abbot and Costello I saw at the Saturday morning pictures in Portland Rd, where there was a lumbering robot in that, that stomped after them with arms outstretched. Nightmare CITY!

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
the opening credits of tales of the unexpected scared me. they weren't meant to be scary but they just spooked me. the silhouette woman and the flames *shudder*

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Blimey, "Threads" brings back some memories. Not least the sodding electricity going off just as nuclear annihilation occured on the television screen. Some buffoon had gone up to the pub leaving me with two very small sleeping children and no fifty pence pieces - they'd gone up to the pub with him!

But what an excellent find!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
the opening credits of tales of the unexpected scared me. they weren't meant to be scary but they just spooked me. the silhouette woman and the flames *shudder*

That scared me too for some reason.

Anyone remember a kids program called Chocky in the mid 80's - I recently bought that on DVD and still thought it was pretty scary shit for kids.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Moomins have ALWAYS freaked me out. They were the 1 cartoon that I could not watch as a child.

Attachments

• 225px-Moofam.gif
    225px-Moofam.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 234

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It was always Dr Who at the start when there was some sort of spiral thing along with the music...always hid behind the sofa...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Chocky was quite freaky

although Chorlton & The Wheelies for its downright WEIRDNESS used to scare me!
cchorlcomments.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That video they used to play in schools warning kids not to play on farms scared the SHIT out of me ... :eek:

It started with a whole bunch of kids, and by the end, one by one, they had all met a gruesome end...

One drowned in a grain silo... one got caught up in the PTO in the back of a tractor... another got crushed under falling bales... After that I stopped watching...

Mildly less distrurbing was the video of the kid flying his kite into high voltage power cables...:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here