Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What to do in London???

lucky007

Apr 12, 2010
West Sussex
Evening

A few of us are off to London for the weekend..gonna take in the Notting Hill carnival Sunday but a bit short of things to do Saturday night Anyone know a lively pub/bar/club :rave: that wont cost the earth for a round of beers :drink: ? Staying very close to Victoria Station so even better if its near!!

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
The Bag of Nails is a good boozer near Victoria, not particularly exciting for a night out though! I'd head to Brick Lane and Shoreditch. If you head to that area I can recommend dozens!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
A comment on the Notting Hill Carnival.

If my memort serves me right, Sunday is the kids day - prizes for outfits etc - I think the main procession is on the Monday.

Could be wrong though.

lucky007

Apr 12, 2010
West Sussex
Ah Shoreditch, i know a few that way :glare: but any others wouldn't go a miss.

The Notting hill thing now rings a bell with me 2...will check it out thanks

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A few of us are off to London for the weekend..gonna take in the Notting Hill carnival - Anyone know a lively pub/bar/club

Lively pub/bar/club in London........

mmmmmmmmm

Let me think.................

You say Notting Hill....................

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Its a weekend event................

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nope, sorry Londons dead at the weekend.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
It's not Victoria but.....Katzenjammers!
091014_katzenjammers.jpg

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Evening

A few of us are off to London for the weekend..gonna take in the Notting Hill carnival Sunday but a bit short of things to do Saturday night Anyone know a lively pub/bar/club :rave: that wont cost the earth for a round of beers :drink: ? Staying very close to Victoria Station so even better if its near!!

For God's sake man you're in London for the bank Holiday weekend, and you're coming on here asking if anyone knows where to go?!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Buy a Chelsea Shirt, Visit Stamford Bridge whilst pretending to have supported them for years rather than since Abramovich appeared on the scene!!!!

:tosser:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Living in NW1 I would say take the easy route... underground on Vic line to Oxford Circus and gorge yourself on tourist territory (and Soho) ... first post... woohoo... sorry self indulgence there.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
If you like quality beers, whether that's ales or speciality bottled foreign beers & lagers, you are half a mile away from one of the finest beer drinkers pubs in London, The Cask at 6 Charlwood Street, Pimlico, SW1V 2EE is about half way between Victoria and Pimlico tube stations. Good place to start the evening low key. Cask Pub and Kitchen (ex-Pimlico Tram), Pimlico, London pub guide | fancyapint?

For dancing and funtimes later on there's The Social at 5 Little Portland St (just off Great Portland st) Nearest tube Oxford Circus, head north up Regent St and turn right into Little Portland St. On Saturday night they have a pre-carnival warm-up party to get you in the mood.
The Social | Home

cut'n'paste
SATURDAY SOCIAL
Date: Saturday 28th August
Doors: 6PM-1AM
Cost: £FREE
(Basement)

SENSEI FM CARNIVAL WARM UP PARTY

Hosted by:
Kashmere

DJs:

Jazz T
Matman
Miracle
J’da Kut
Ironfingaz

Sensei.Fm celebrates this bank holiday weekend with a Carnival Warm Up party set to get you ready for London’s biggest party weekend. A line up of All Star Sensei.FM DJ’s will be spinning Hiphop, Funk, Soul and Breaks all night at The Social, a venue known for its great vibes a party crowds. The night will also be streamed online via the Sensei.FM website S E N S E I . F M.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Now it isn't my type of thing (so it's not a plug) but Clapham High Street is a very very popular drinking venue and obviously very near to Victoria.

There are a number of bars in the High Street, which is why thousands of young Londoners venture down to get drunk at the weekend.

There is even a Bierodrome if you fancy the loopy Belgium stuff.

Most of the restaurants in the High Street also turn in late night bars as well (including a few of the curry houses, but I wouldn't recommend them..)

Everywhere seems to have a late licence which can seem a bit odd if you are not used to it. Last summer when it was really hot and I couldn't sleep I went out for a couple of pints in my local at about 1 in the morning on a Sunday. I had bought the Sunday papers the preceeding Saturday evening.

It was full of people doing exactly the same thing, a sort of a midnight Sunday afternoon.

It's only 15 minutes away on the tube, but a cab will be cheap.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Notting Hill Carnival ? Yes, getting mugged is something you could easily do.

apple

Jan 20, 2009
Now it isn't my type of thing (so it's not a plug) but Clapham High Street is a very very popular drinking venue and obviously very near to Victoria.

There are a number of bars in the High Street, which is why thousands of young Londoners venture down to get drunk at the weekend.

There is even a Bierodrome if you fancy the loopy Belgium stuff.

Most of the restaurants in the High Street also turn in late night bars as well (including a few of the curry houses, but I wouldn't recommend them..)

Everywhere seems to have a late licence which can seem a bit odd if you are not used to it. Last summer when it was really hot and I couldn't sleep I went out for a couple of pints in my local at about 1 in the morning on a Sunday. I had bought the Sunday papers the preceeding Saturday evening.

It was full of people doing exactly the same thing, a sort of a midnight Sunday afternoon.

It's only 15 minutes away on the tube, but a cab will be cheap.

Clapham should be pretty busy this weekend as well....

South West Four 2010 - Clapham Common 28th/29th August

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here