Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] what to do about the home atmosphere?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You can practically predict how every home game is going to play out under Potter. The money I’ve won backing a draw is quite substantial.

Ha ! Tell us more !! The last run of competitive games at the Amex with a crowd are W,L,W,L,W,W,D,L,D
2 draws out of 9...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's not the fans fault.
It's not the players fault, or the result of poor performances.

It's the stadium. We need a Kop. We have a Kop, people will sing. We should do what we can to get one, i don't care about the symmetry of the stadium. There is a huge distance between the back row of the North and the roof. Big enough to put boxes in above the South. There are loads of offices beyond the North apparently. Build it higher, build it steeper, add a load of capacity in there and get people singing.

I miss the North Stand at the Goldstone, but I'll be more upset if my kids don't get to experience being in a proper singing stand behind the home goal

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It's not the fans fault.
It's not the players fault, or the result of poor performances.

It's the stadium. We need a Kop. We have a Kop, people will sing. We should do what we can to get one, i don't care about the symmetry of the stadium. There is a huge distance between the back row of the North and the roof. Big enough to put boxes in above the South. There are loads of offices beyond the North apparently. Build it higher, build it steeper, add a load of capacity in there and get people singing.

I miss the North Stand at the Goldstone, but I'll be more upset if my kids don't get to experience being in a proper singing stand behind the home goal
They are using that space above the North for more corporate seats. Classic Barber.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why did we start singing Albion- Albion ( copied from Liverpool I guess ) and stop singing the upbeat Albion, Albion, Albion ( here we go tune ) ? ???

Jul 25, 2021
Why did we start singing Albion- Albion ( copied from Liverpool I guess ) and stop singing the upbeat Albion, Albion, Albion ( here we go tune ) ? ???

It was decided on a collective decision based on certain members of our fans feeling the song was far too long and winded. The 2x Albion version we now sing gives more punch but at a slower pace. It was always going to happen.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Agree the old one is way better than the Liverpool dross. And the seagulls chant on corners used to be good when everyone joined in.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Haven’t we just drawn the last 5 out of 6 ??? Oh yeah I only mentioned home games. You didn’t just Google that did you ? :lolol:

All credit to you. I doubt anyone on here would have predicted draws against Liverpool, Norwich, Arsenal and Newcastle and i doubt anyone else on here thinks Potter , who changes formation and tactics and teams like there's no tomorrow, is predictable . How much did you win ?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Absolute dross the Liverpool version.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Sorry I don’t understand or please give me a whoosh if I’ve missed an obvious joke here :shrug:

Ok, did EVERY home fan really join in with the Seagulls chant?

Yes, there were occasions when things were going well when The Goldstone reverberated, but it could also be as much of a library as The Emirates is now.

It just seems everyone is taking a trip down memory Lane when everything was better!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here