Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What time did you get home?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
2.25am for me. Stupidly decided to get the 22.20 Victoria via Littlehampton service from Brighton. Took forever of course - didn't get to Clapham Jct till about 12.45 (two and a half hours!), then there was a medical emergency on the train - got out and waited half an hour for a night bus... which took about an hour to get to North London... Entire journey time 4 hours 45 mins.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
1am. Got the 10.37? to haywards heath and got into London Bridge at about half 12.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was on that 22:20 train, got in doors around 22:45

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Thought the P&R was chaos last night geeting back, waited 35 mins to get on a bus to Mithras, however Seargent Major Steward kept us amused trying to "organise" everyone. Only live in Hollingbury and got home at 22:40:eek:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not a moan (?) but if they used a bit of nouse they could load those buses far quicker .. only needs one of them to go down the queue counting the numbers and when he gets to capacity just start loading the next one.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Got very last bus back to Mill Road P+R (almost missed it). Only the 4 of us on it! Left stadium at 11-back in Sevenoaks via Hove at 12.15.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Myself and Mini discussed travelling options on the walk to the station last night and agreed for all the minor changes on leaving earlier and having to queue at times it really is a very small price to pay for having a fabulous football stadium as opposed to the possibility of getting soaked in the South Stand at Withdean.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thought the P&R was chaos last night geeting back, waited 35 mins to get on a bus to Mithras, however Seargent Major Steward kept us amused trying to "organise" everyone. Only live in Hollingbury and got home at 22:40:eek:

eh!? you park and ride from Hollingbury? why don't you just walk or get a bus?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
3am , absolute nightmare of a journey ! M11 closed so diverted round Bedford , was glad to get home

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Not a moan (?) but if they used a bit of nouse they could load those buses far quicker .. only needs one of them to go down the queue counting the numbers and when he gets to capacity just start loading the next one.

Only used P&R twice - does my head in seeing those empty buses waiting to be loaded -why cant they load them simutaneously and get them away

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
eh!? you park and ride from Hollingbury? why don't you just walk or get a bus?

I know its lame, but would be 2 buses, would walk there but walking back is all uphill and I really cant be arsed to do that.

A couple of matches ago they seemed to have it running perfectly, but last night the coaches & buses were all over the place.

timsouch

Jul 15, 2011
we need another p&R somewhere on the A23 near mill road as its full very early 1 hour or more before game and is night mare to get back too with the queing system at the amex after the games needs to be sorted.

Stumpy Tim

Got a train just before 10.30pm to Preston Park. And then it didn't stop until Hassocks... the screens clearly said Preston Park - there were around 20 of us who were fuming The trains back were delayed & cancelled, and I eventually got back at 12.30am. Brilliant

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Parked in Coldean. After the game, easy stroll down the new path by the railway line, under the arch & across the new road junction, up through the woods to the Hikers, two minutes up Park Road, away by 10.05, indoors 10.40. Easy Peasy.....

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Problem with P&R and shuttle buses for the East areas is the buses leave before they are full, which i cannot understand. Then all the buses disappear together. Last night, the whole east area queue did not see a single incoming bus for over 25 minutes.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Back in Polegate 12.45 for me. Waited for an hour and a quarter for the Eastbourne train which was delayed (again) by half an hour.

I felt sorry for the poor sods who wanted the Seaford train. Theirs hadn't even arrived when we finally left and kept getting delayed. God knows what time they got home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here