Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What things annoy you - even though they shouldn't really?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
These threads always make me laugh and I can see why many of them wind people up. My big annoyances are people who use "would of" instead of "would have"; men who drive their car so close to mine they are almost in my boot (if I wanted them in my boot I would ask them); people who cause delays in supermarkets when they chat in a circle with friends totally uncaring they are stopping everyone else getting by; rudeness; an emergency announcement at work saying "please do not use the lifts or escalators" when we don't have escalators; men who whistle loudly thinking they are tuneful (they aren't); and people who drive in the middle lanes of motorways when the inside lane is empty.

Blimey didn't realise I was quite so angry.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
People filming gigs on their phones. Why pay money for a gig and then watch it through a 6 inch screen? More to the point: put the ****ing phone away, I can't see the ****ing band!

Which segues nicely into my general whinge about people being so obsessed with capturing a moment with a selfie or a video or a witty Facebook update that they're not actually experiencing the moment.

Live your life people, stop documenting it!

Totally agree!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
People with such tiny lives and minds of their own that they have to spend their time whinging (ususally on the internet as these types don't get out much) about other more successful and dynamic people getting on with enjoying their lives.

People who moan about moaning.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Subjectivity in weather forecasts.

"It's going to be another lovely day" - Insert Glorious, Beautiful, Nice or any other similar adjective. Not everyone thinks hot sunny weather constitutes 'lovely'.

"I'm afraid rain is on it's way" - WTF are you afraid of!? Some people actually grow things in the ground believe it or not and appreciate it when rain comes along and saves them endless hours of watering. Nothing to be afraid of.

Stick to the facts alone please weather forecasters, your opinion doesn't speak for everyone. News presenters don't present the news in that way, so what makes weather reporters think they're any different?

Yes, the faux-mateyness or dumbing down of weather forecasts is annoying.

I hate the reference to rain 'spilling in from the west' or 'spilling up from France'; FFS, how can liquid spill in or up, it can only 'spill over'!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
People who moan about moaning.
The wireless this morning was full of callers complaining about how hot it was last night.

We all know 6 months ago the same people were complaining about how cold it was and how they couldn't wait for Summer.

F*****g miserable joyless idiots.

Builders. You've quoted me for doing something and I said that I wanted it done. Just come and do it, why do I need to send texts/leave messages (all unanswered) to try and actually get you to do it!!!

...and relax.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The world weather forecast on BBC News channel. 'Today there will be scattered showers across much of Africa. Australia will stay mainly dry' I mean, why even BOTHER?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The wireless this morning was full of callers complaining about how hot it was last night.

We all know 6 months ago the same people were complaining about how cold it was and how they couldn't wait for Summer.

F*****g miserable joyless idiots.

I was rather flustered in bed this morning. Forgot to shut the blinds last night so was awoken about 5 o clock with blazing sun on my fizog, then at 7 next door commenced a foundation concrete pour with 2 trucks and generators , the house opposite has the tree surgeons in and today is branch shredding day so that was pleasant. and all that noise set the neighbourhood dogs a barking. My one day off before 8, 15/17 hour days in a row starting tomorrow and I'm up at 6. Grrrr.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Motorcyclist who 'warm up' their engine for about 10 hours before finally setting off.

The sound of 50cc scooters/bikes driving down a quiet road at full speed.

Flying Beetles and cockroaches. They fly in this clumsy ungraceful way that makes you fear it will accidentally hit your face.

Having to sit near teenage girls talking about stuff when I don't have earphones.

People chatting in the middle of the pavement knowing full well people are having to slide pass them or step on the road. I do like to intentionally budge them with my backpack though haha...

The pessimistic and sensationalist hyperbole comments on almost every online news article. 'Oh so the UK contributed to something that landed on a comet? But we still have food banks!'

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
TV ads that use a well known song as the background track, but it annoys me when the music just stops dead at a random point rather than at a natural point, ie, the end of a line. Surely they can time it better!

And yes, I am extremely petty on this one.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Let's get married :lol: :thumbsup:

Edna, Taking my last 3 points into account, I genuinely don't know how you do your job. Many years ago, after university, I nearly signed up. But as I've got older, I've become more of a curmudgeon, and by now I just wouldn't be able to stop myself standing outside Nandos with a taser. Or wishing to poke a steampunk tosser, who is wearing a top hat, a black velvet smoking jacket and what appear to be swimming goggles whilst loafing around the North Laines in 30 degree heat, right in the eye socket. So much respect for all of you police officers, for having the patience to bite your tongue. Thank you :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The people who create memes for Facebook of the "Let's see how many Likes this can get. Share if you hate cancer!" variety.

My timeline was, at one stage, entirely clogged up with people Sharing shit like that (not so much now, as I've unfollowed all the main suspects). What prompts these twunts to create these things? Attention seeking? Is it going to have any influence on who gets cancer? No. Is it going to contribute to a cure? No. If you don't share it, does that mean you like cancer very much indeed? FFS.

See also "Share if you're a Proud Mommy/ Married To Your Best Friend/ Don't Want To See Kittens Made Into Shoes For Rich Russians", "What's Your Native American Name?", and "Range Rover are giving away a thousand Evoques for free! [No, no they're not, are they, you dipsticks) Share & Like this post and comment with your choice of colour to be in with a chance of winning!"

All of those things. Facebook has a lot to answer for.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The people who create memes for Facebook of the "Let's see how many Likes this can get. Share if you hate cancer!" variety.

My timeline was, at one stage, entirely clogged up with people Sharing shit like that (not so much now, as I've unfollowed all the main suspects). What prompts these twunts to create these things? Attention seeking? Is it going to have any influence on who gets cancer? No. Is it going to contribute to a cure? No. If you don't share it, does that mean you like cancer very much indeed? FFS.

See also "Share if you're a Proud Mommy/ Married To Your Best Friend/ Don't Want To See Kittens Made Into Shoes For Rich Russians", "What's Your Native American Name?", and "Range Rover are giving away a thousand Evoques for free! [No, no they're not, are they, you dipsticks) Share & Like this post and comment with your choice of colour to be in with a chance of winning!"

'1 like = 1 prayer' :FFSPuncheon

images.jpeg

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
'1 like = 1 prayer' :FFSPuncheon

I love it when people actually fall for the free Range Rover (or Ferrari, or Upper Class flights, or Apple Watches etc) thing (despite the obviously fake links) and the comments thread ends up full of stuff like "Shared! Red please!" and "Shared! Check this out, Karen! White".

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys

Can I add the "I know my true friends will share" and " PM me the one word which sums me up" nonsense!

I know which one word normally sums them up but no doubt they'll be expecting the likes of " wacky, spontaneous, caring etc..."

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Not forgetting the <insert name of tedious Mum> "Would like to say well done to my little angel Freddie, who got a 'tongue furthest up the teacher's arse' award today. Mummy is soooooooo proud of you baby" posts on facebook.

Just **** off!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here