Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What they said about El Turi transfer...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Les Biehn said:
Really? I thought he looked pony. Not saying he is, but that day he looked shocking.

Just goes to show how opinions differ eh?

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Tooting Gull said:
Let's be honest - we should be demanding a full explanation of the Turienzo fiasco, right from the first moment some bright spark in Argie-land said 'Let's try and fleece Brighton' to the current Molango-like 'non-playing player' scenario.

Including the basis for any payments to agents, their involvement generally, how he was scouted, what went wrong, what's happened since he's been here, and how we make sure it never happens again.

When you look at the amount of whingeing on here about the same old stuff, this a real f***-up that has shaped our season for the worse, and not that many people seem too bothered about it.

And the pro-McGhee posse are totally ignoring it, or at best shrugging their shoulders - to their eternal discredit. It's an accountability issue, and we shouldn't just be having DK's 'openness' when it suits him, we should have it on issues like this. The silence over Turienzo has been deafening.

It's frustrating that they will neither play him or explain why not, injury excepted, when he was such a big money signing. Is not openness the best policy when the troops are in desperate need of being rallied?

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I also saw him at Lewes and didn't think he was the target man we needed. How right I was

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Any possibility of Turi having the same agent as Carole and Frutos? Buy Turi's contract and get the two French wingers for f*** all? Doesn't sound like too bad a deal to me.

I've heard this suggested from several sources... is there any truth in it ?

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Yorkie said:
That's strange.
I saw him play at Lewes before the deal was signed.
He looked to have a pretty good game to me.

i would look good playing agaist lewis, its a big jump up to the championship

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I have no idea. It's just a rumour that I have heard several times myself. If it is true then I think it was worthwhile. Carole and Frutos have to be worth that much.

I actually agree with you - if that speculation were true, many fans would probably just about go for it even though we desperately needed a striker.

But in the absence of any information to the contrary, they are obviously going to assume the Turienzo deal was a one-dimensional and monumental disaster.

Tooting Gull said:
I actually agree with you - if that speculation were true, many fans would probably just about go for it even though we desperately needed a striker.

But in the absence of any information to the contrary, they are obviously going to assume the Turienzo deal was a one-dimensional and monumental disaster.

I have just had it confirmed that Carole, Frutos and Turi DO have the same agent.

Obviously as we weren't party to the negotiations we don't know exactly what the deal was, but it looks like the rumours hold some water at least.

Before anyone asks I will not name my source, but these things are probably available online somewhere anyway.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
That's strange.
I saw him play at Lewes before the deal was signed.
He looked to have a pretty good game to me.

60 minutes against LEWES and he looked 'pretty good'. Is this the basis for signing a player for such a relatively large amount of moolah? I think not.

If it is true that he had the same agent as Frutos and Carole could we not assume that it was a sign one, sign them all agreement?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
If it is true that he had the same agent as Frutos and Carole could we not assume that it was a sign one, sign them all agreement?

Of course, but it would inconveniently take away one of the more important anti-McGhee arguments... that he had money available and wasted it on one poor player.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Really have got to remember that our transfer dealings are gonna be hit and miss because the club is in a position whereby it has to take a punt. If we get a Carole and Frutos for every El Turi, I would be more than happy. And whats to say he won't come good.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tooting Gull said:
McGhee: 'He's our Peter Crouch' (July 2005)

That maybe so MM. But the difference is Benitez stuck with Crouch for something like 11 games, and gave him an extended run in the side consistently backing him instead of we need a new striker shit.

Something you have FAILED to do ALL season with ANY of our strikers you cluless jocko muppet.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
how bad must he be to not make the bench in our current predicament, he must be f* king awful beyond comprehension

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Uncle Buck said:
Although he did not look as awful as some have made out, at that Lewes game, he certainly did not look any better than what we already had and surely signings should be to better the side?

You make a point about team stengthening. Mine is, if he's close to being on a par with what we already have, surely he must be worth a try or is he really that much further behind in ability than say McGammon or even McPhee? My limited viewing says not.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Bromley shrimp said:
You make a point about team stengthening. Mine is, if he's close to being on a par with what we already have, surely he must be worth a try or is he really that much further behind in ability than say McGammon or even McPhee? My limited viewing says not.

I am at that stage of give him a go as the current forwards are not delivering, but then he is going to have to deal with the same issues that the supply from the centre of midfield is not great, but if he can stay in the box we do put the odd cross in.

From what I have seen of him playing for the stiffs, I would say my one worry is that his first touch is not great, once he has the ball under control he looks OK, but defenders at this level will have a field day with players lacking a first touch, Molango?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here