Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the f**k is happening in this country

And why is like every 3rd kid a complete chav these days? Seriously what is it that everyone under the age of 18 sees as so attractive in all dressing up in matching tracksuits, hanging around street corners in gangs getting drunk and picking fights with complete strangers?
:rolleyes: :censored: They need to grow up and do summink constructive with their lives

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
And why is like every 3rd kid a complete chav these days? Seriously what is it that everyone under the age of 18 sees as so attractive in all dressing up in matching tracksuits, hanging around street corners in gangs getting drunk and picking fights with complete strangers?
:rolleyes: :censored: They need to grow up and do summink constructive with their lives
Ever since they stopped the cain at schools and banned parents from smacking this has happened.:angry:

Murder is Murder

The media love to drum up the racist murder card. Is a racist murder worse than any other murder. The police have little evidence that the motives were racist. What now happens is that the scum bags get hounded by the public, there becomes huge pressure on everyone to have a punishment that looks good.
The judge says they will not get a fair trial due to media coverage and then the scumbags walk out of court smiling, as in the stephen lawrence case. These arses walk free and it left to the police to quickly find something else they have done to put them away.

Best justice system in the world.......I don't fink!!!! so

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Gullet said:
It's obvious to everyone what's wrong in this country, the do-gooders who crawl out from under their stones everytime a law abiding citizen stands up to these creeps. :censored: :angry: :censored:
I agree. It's the likes of the f***ing hideously ugly people like Cheri Blair, thats turned the youth into what it is today. Everyone is to frighten to say anything because of being labeled racist or similar.
How many people, really THINK, but wont say, that they would like to see a stop to asylm seekers, and sending all of them back to the countries they come from. And before I get shot down, I'm talking Asylm seekers, not all immagrants.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Rambo said:
I think the media does tend to make it a lot worse.

I'm sorry, I must be missing something there. What could conceivably be worse than an axe in the head, killing you - or being stabbed seven times in a bus, killing you?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The lad killed in Huyton had been racially abused by someone from the pub across the road, granted it may not have been the same person who wielded the axe but there must be a strong suggestion that it was a racist attack for the Police to say so.

Crisp

Jul 11, 2003
Salisbury
What wound me up today was that the 'racist axe killing' was front page news but the chip throwing knife killer was buried in the middle of the papers. Why? Surely both murders are equally disgusting...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not as bad as it was 20 years ago? What about the likes of Peter Sutcliffe and the horrible criminals locked away in prison for crimes committed years ago?

I think that perhaps these incidents always happened but just these days the nature of the tabloids is to jump on them and blow them up because, quite simply, it sells stories.

All the incidents mentioned are horrific and awful but I do not think horrific and awful are a modern phenomenon.

Al Qa'eda in 2005.
The IRA in 1985.

The one thing that has changed for the better is that in the past it was the police doing the racist murders like Blair Peach. At least THEY have stopped.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Tooting - I agree with most of what you say. Most would. The two murders you talk of disgust and sicken me as they do the vast majority of us. But I'm not sure there really was some sort of "golden age" you seem to imply. Isn't the reality that there have always been terrible crimes, be they racially motivated or not?

That said, you raise an interesting question about fear and intervention. It's a terrible thing to say but our society is turning into one where most of us, faced with a violent sitaution or just a bunch of mouthy youths, would probably end up not saying anything or walk on by, for fear of getting abused, beaten up or God forbid, stabbed to death on a bus. I suppose the issue is why has this happened and what can we do about it?

Yes the Courts have a role but surely there's a limit to how many kids we lock up? We do have the highest prison population in Europe. I don't know the answers and I don't pretend to but what the f*** have the parents of the kids perpetrating these crimes and more minor ones done about bringing up their children? You have to conclude that many of their parents ( if they have them) have done a terrible job of bringing these people up. Perhaps we should introduce " parenting classes" as school? Although for some at the school I attended, it was too late by the time they were 15 - already up the duff. It's difficult for children to bring up children. I don't know... what a problem.
But, yes I know I sound like a Daily Mail reader too, parenting has a massive role to play.

At what age should the state intervene and say to people, you can't or aren't loooking after your kids properly? That's a very difficult question.

I think we are a more fearful society although whether we're actually a more violent one, I doubt, although I'm not a criminologist. But I do know there's isn't any respect anymore.

Good thread.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The fear of violent crime is rising faster then actual levels of violent crime.

Also, the classification of crimes has helped in the rise of crime. Previously, if four men attacked one man it was classified as one crime. Now it is four. This is clearly going to show a rise in crime.

Also, surveilance and extra police means that more crime is recorder to begin with, also contributing to a rise in crime.

Its a viscious circle because the more people are scared of crime, the more threatened they feel and the more newspapers etc will continue to exploit this with horror stories which again leads to a greater fear.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Stuff likes this really makes me wonder about bothering to come home at all. :angry:

Since I have been in New Zealand (eight months) I have not seen one fight, or one bit of trouble. And I'm living in a city that is two and a half times the size of London. I don't know what's wrong with England, people here (and in Oz) are just so much more friendly and generally happy with their lives. They don't seem to feel the need to go stabbing people in the head. That's not to say it doesn't happen, obviously, but you just don't get the big groups of 14-17 year olds standing on street corners picking fights.

The Maori's would rip them apart if they did, anyway. :lolol:

Last edited:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Does anyone else think that achohol and drug habits contribute to the rise in violent crime (off their heads).

If we can use weapons of mass destruction as an excuse to send forces into Iraq, can't we stop the drugs at source by invading Columbia and the likes? Did I read somewhere that Afgahistan is the world's leading opium producer from poppy seeds? Why can't we block this trade?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Commander said:
Stuff likes this really makes me wonder about bothering to come home at all. :angry:

Since I have been in New Zealand (eight months) I have not seen one fight, or one bit of trouble. And I'm living in a city that is two and a half times the size of London.

Auckland's population is approximately 1.3 million, making it by far the largest city in New Zealand, with one third of the country's entire population

It is NZ you are in isn't it? Aukland is hardly 2 1/2 times the size of London unless you're talking area and even then......

I agree with the sentiment of your post though-there is a lot of anger in the UK that you don't find elsewhere

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I think he might of meant that Auckland is that much smaller than London.

I've been there, lovely place & seemed smaller than Brighton to me.

:drink:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Bwian said:
Auckland's population is approximately 1.3 million, making it by far the largest city in New Zealand, with one third of the country's entire population

It is NZ you are in isn't it? Aukland is hardly 2 1/2 times the size of London unless you're talking area and even then......

I agree with the sentiment of your post though-there is a lot of anger in the UK that you don't find elsewhere

I'm talking area. It is about two and a half times the size of London. It's huge because it's basically loads of small towns rather than one big city, and sprawls off all over the place. Population wise it has about an eighth of the population London has though.

Its a good city. Look: http://www.newzealandnz.co.nz/auckland/

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Commander said:
I'm talking area. It is about two and a half times the size of London. It's huge because it's basically loads of small towns rather than one big city, and sprawls off all over the place. Population wise it has about an eighth of the population London has though.

Its a good city. Look: http://www.newzealandnz.co.nz/auckland/

Almost exactly the same sprawl and population for Dublin - bigger land mass than most cities, because we're addicted to 2 story buildings, and don't have a building higher than around 14 floors in the entire city...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
MYOB said:
Almost exactly the same sprawl and population for Dublin - bigger land mass than most cities, because we're addicted to 2 story buildings, and don't have a building higher than around 14 floors in the entire city...

They have high rises here, but only in the centre. There's also more Irish here than there are in Ireland mate. If they all went home Ireland would sink!

Creamy

Jul 29, 2005
berkshire seagull said:
Actually i take my pick in most places,the point is these inbreds stink the place out,plus they harass all the woman like grabbing their hair and arses.:angry:

They have no respect whats so ever so it seems:angry: never seen a place hit rock bottom so quickly,time for a change me thinks:smokin:

I was confused but now I realise your talking about all the towe white scummers in their shit shirts aren't you. I agree wholeheartedly with you. Scum bags.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here