Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What sort of Curry???

This week I diced three chicken breasts and boiled them.
Mixing them in a bowl with several different vegetables, like mushrooms, spinach, baby-corn, red pepper, snow-peas, precooked leftover potato, and sesame seeds, I put this bowl into the fridge.

So far, I've done;
Chicken ommelete. Whisked 2 eggs with 1/4 cup of milk, added mature cheese grates to bowl, then transferred to a pan with WATER (not oil or butter). Let the eggs start to harden before dropping in the chicken and veg. then fold before serving. Add a little soured cream (or plain yoghurt) to top. Takes 10 minutes.

a hot Madras with curry paste and tabasco hot pepper sauce.
Frying up the chicken--cubus with veg, adding paste, and some sundried tomatoes, and garlic. Tan everything before adding paste or sauce, 5 minutes and ready to add to rice.

Tikka, with cashew nut pieces in the rice, and a few mixed herbs. A touch of yoghurt and a little pesto. Same frying as above, adding yog/mayo and a little lemon juice to the rice before going to the plate.

Rogan Josh, pre-made sauce but added a little garlic and some mayonnaise that made it creamier.
Long-grain rice with some herbs.

Pasta with an 'alfredo' sauce. No cheese though, just a little mayo in milk and a key ingredient of a half-teaspoon of Colemans mustard. A little sesame oil in angel-hair pasta at the end to help make it nice and cloying/sticky, and mix with the sauce. I combined the chicken/veg after lightly pan-frying in a butter substitute/spread, and added white pepper.

I still have enough in the bowl for one more curry, pasta or salad.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Chicken Dupiaza if you like loads of onion and not too hot, mmmmmmmmm !

The New Golden Bengal in Lyndhurst Road Worthing does an exceptional one.

:bowdown:

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
Try a Goan fish curry from Nishat in Preston St, (delivery only). It has peri peri sauce and cheese in the mix!! Sounds odd but it's a complete winner, sharp, spicy and sweet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here