Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What songs make you turn off the radio imeadiately?

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
I've bitten my tongue long enough. There have been some CLASSICS mentioned on this thread already, but this takes the biscuit. Savage Garden are a STUNNING act and that is one of their greatest tracks. Are you mental?!

Admitted it's a good song i liked the first 10 or so times I heard it but after the 500th time i've heard it i turn the radio off.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I've bitten my tongue long enough. There have been some CLASSICS mentioned on this thread already, but this takes the biscuit. Savage Garden are a STUNNING act and that is one of their greatest tracks. Are you mental?!

moon and back is OK. Truly, madly, deeply horrific

What? Annoying bint that is playing up to a gimmic with duff songs and a ropey singing voice

Agree, strictly for people too young to remember 80's/90's Madonna or even Cindy Lauper who did that sort of thing first.

But for sheer irritation factor it would have to be "Spanish Train" by Chris De Burgh or pretty much anything that he has ever done. Run a very, very close second by Michael Jackson's "Earth Song", due to his overwrought vocals and the inane shrieking at the end.

Even if Jarvis Cocker made crap music (which he doesn't) he would forever command my respect for his antics at the awards ceremony where Jackson did this bizzare song live.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That relatively recent Beatles/ELO nonsense by Take That.

I don't know the name, but it's the little one singing.

I think he may part of Art and Dec.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Anything by M people.
That bloody womens voice.
She is a nice lady, but I just hate her voice sooo much.:rant:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Hi pitch squealing has me reaching the off button aka, Whitney when she gets to, "And i, he i he i, will always love you, oh oh oh"
f*** off you stupid bitch !!! your hurting my ears.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hi pitch squealing has me reaching the off button aka, Whitney when she gets to, "And i, he i he i, will always love you, oh oh oh"

With you on that one. The warbling on (especially) modern R&B records mask the fact that the singers can't hold the notes.

For me - it's any song with that dreadful auto-tune. It's worse than annoying, it makes me angry.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Braders - anything by coldplay?

was going to excuse Vive La Vida but thats getting on my tits too ... so EVERYTHING by Coldplay

oh and Keane , they can't f**k off too

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

oooh this is a good shout too

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Love Shack gets another thumbs down from me too. Relieved that I'm not the only one in this world who hates that song.

That song that goes "shuffle to the left, shuffle to the right"...that goes on the list.

Lighthouse Family songs are like fingers down a blackboard to me. I'd rather chew Aluminium foil than listen to that.

Arctic Monkeys are another.

Akon, yep. Put him in.

Savage Garden, Keane, Kingmaker, Shed Seven - bland, bland, bland. You go into this list too.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
"Run" by Leona Lewis, in fact anythiung by her.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Can I assume that it isn't necessary to mention Phil Collins? It's a given, right?

Yup, I would be tempted to throw the radio out of the window after hearing just one chord involving that man...I avoid Radio 2 just in case!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here