Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What song do you want played at your funeral ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sons Of by Scott Walker

Followed by

Can't Keep It In by Cat Stevens

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Enter to GOSBTS during the service I Vow to thee my country or complete Jupiter from Planet suite out to Ashogans Farewell. Each to their own but I do not agree with 'pop songs; at a funeral.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Already planned for ' Sussex by the sea ' followed by 'abide with me' and as for poss attendees, dressed in BHA shirts or colours please.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
No songs, but just a few chants of 'Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio...' and 'Is there a fire drill?' when cremated.

I'd like to apologize in advance for leaving 5 minutes early.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I'd like my mourners to sing along to this.... (perhaps a shorter version) (and I don't mean Mr Blue Sky!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiu0lYQIPqE

and perhaps to maintain some decorum, I'd also like the harp-playing angels, and the roller-skating nuns!

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I actually chose that at my Dad's funeral to go out to, as that was his 'party piece' at family do's, etc. He came in in to Sussex by the Sea, and one of the hymns was Abide With Me.

My dad went out to Sussex by the Sea. I'll have whatever is top of the charts in 2050 or so thanks!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
SBTS, the live version of Thunder Road from Hyde Park in 2012 and Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
No songs, but just a few chants of 'Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio...' and 'Is there a fire drill?' when cremated.

I'd like to apologize in advance for leaving 5 minutes early.

If you are being cremated, you will usually disappear behind the curtain a few minutes before the end!

As for my song:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here