Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What should Brighton fans know about Valencia/Vicente (and vice versa)

Los Che

Sep 4, 2011
I cant stil post links.Yes there are,that are places for non spanish VCF fans (there are few good spanish too,but you wont understand a thing).
So,for me,best one is Loco4LosChe,its relatively new site,founded by american guy who started suporting Valencia (imagine that).and because we were reading news at goal.com,and they were writing there total nonsense about Valencia,so guy was so frustrated and made a site for us.Its not a forum thing,only news with commentaries,but has a lot of statistics about current VCF players (you will find on homepage there links to all VCF forums all over the world,includind spanish ones too).
Second one is xtratime forum,type xtratime comunity in google,the go to forum,and then find part with Valencia (there are forums for all notable teams in world).
You should visit vcfcentral too.
Thanks for pictures,they posted on Valencia forum only bad ones (with rain and storms haha).

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I for one am delighted to welcome you to our board. Valencia is one hell of a team, and they have been my favourite spanish side for some time! I hope Vicente can live up his expectations here, he's already something of a demi-god... Which I am so so so in favour of!

I hope we one day meet in a Champions League final! ;)

Gloria a Valencia! Gloria a Brighton!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hey Los Che, welcome. Thanks for the kind words and information.
You must understand that he is not guy that is used to change his locations every few years,so he probably wanted to settle down somewhere where he could live a while.
It just gets better and better. It's clear he is a loyal player from the fact he stayed with you for so many years, while big money moves were being offered.

I'm concerned about your opinion about him being a left winger and only a left winger, as I think Gus has other ideas (left wing or floating etc).
So,Vicente joining team in championship is good thing for both sides,as now many VCF fans will start watching your games,and follow your progress etc (I know I will).
Sweet, welcome aboard the Gus bus.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't believe what I am reading,its same thing that hapened at Valencia few years ago.Former president (Vicente Soler) wanted to earn money same way,by selling old ground (Mestalla),and he started building new one.The problem is,he was spending a lot on bad players,and he started new stadium without money from old one.
That sounds like football miss-management, with a similar result to ours. Our old chairman, however, had no intention of building us a new ground, and he had no intention of spending money on players. The only thing of value our club had, was our ground, so he stole it.
So we were in 600+millions debt few years ago,and many were saying we are new Leeds United!He finaly somehow left 2 years ago,and Manuel Llorente became president (its the share thing,they were fighting for shares etc).He reduced debt by half,so now we are "only" about 300 in minus.Selling best players and geting 100 millions from fans did the trick (it was some capital increse thing).Biggest problem is we can't sell old Mestalla,prices are so low nowdays in Spain,so from 400-500 millions few years back,now we cant get even 150 for ground,which is to low.Also we need another 200 millions to finish new stadium (work is stoped there long time ago).
I am not spaniard (just to let you all know).
I guess from all this "millions" you all have dizziness,you probably all think "give us few millions and we will show you what can we do with Brighton".
Yes, my head is spinning. Are you talking pesetas or euros? You're old ground (ie, the land) could never have been worth 400-500 million euros surely?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We have gone from this when we had our old stadium sold under our feet

To this
What are you doing posting a video with an empty stand? What's that all about?

North Stand

Amex-4.jpg

West Stand

Amex-2.jpg

Los Che

Sep 4, 2011
Ok,my little "guess where I am from" thing obviously didn't work.So,once again,I am not spaniard.You probably wont have any spaniards here,as they dont give a f..k about foreign forums.So,I am from Serbia (same country Nemanja Vidic is).And as I said,Valencia have many fans from outside of Spain.I was talking about euros,and yes,we could get 400 few years back,its the land in city centre,very expensive one.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
[yt]Q0yZ8CM9wEI[/yt]

protest about selling of ground that made national news

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was talking about euros,and yes,we could get 400 few years back,its the land in city centre,very expensive one.
Blimey, that's a lot of cash (or at least, it would have been).

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
You must understand that he is not guy that is used to change his locations every few years,so he probably wanted to settle down somewhere where he could live a while.Which is also good thing for your club,that means they have serious ambition to promote to Premiership.

Can it get any better ?

Thanks for posting here my friend.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I've always had a thing for Valencia, I guess its cos they are a succesful Spanish team that aren't Real or Barca. I really liked the team that reached the Champions League final twice and this fella

gaizka1.jpg

God only knows how he ended up at Middlesborough, One of the best right midfielders in the world in his heyday

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
.I spoke with some spaniards from Valencia,and they were like "poor Vicente",they meant about playing in some unknown second league english team,which means they think "he can do a lot more then that".
You must understand that he is not guy that is used to change his locations every few years,so he probably wanted to settle down somewhere where he could live a while.Which is also good thing for your club,that means they have serious ambition to promote to Premiership.

Firstly, a warm welcome to all our visiting fans from Valencia! Have to say I am impressed by how knowledgeable they have been and in their use of English.

Having read the comments on here: Vicente podría firmar por el modesto Brighton inglés - Superdeporte, I can see what you mean Los Che. I appreciate that someone who has hero status among Valencia fans was expected to join a Premier League/La Liga team and very few outside of Britain have probably heard of the Albion. However, having that said, aren’t we currently top of the fifth biggest league in Europe?

Last edited:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
. However, having that said, aren’t we currently top of the fifth biggest league in Europe?

premier league
La liga
Seria A
Bundesliga

Is the championship really bigger than the French ligue 1 and the Dutch eredivisie ???

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
premier league
La liga
Seria A
Bundesliga

Is the championship really bigger than the French ligue 1 and the Dutch eredivisie ???

In terms of attendances, yes. England is like no other really in terms of the amount of clubs who can attract 10,000+ crowds.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Am i correct in assuming he is affectionately known by the Valencia fans as "The Dagger" ???

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Having read the comments on here: Vicente podría firmar por el modesto Brighton inglés - Superdeporte, I can see what you mean Los Che. I appreciate that someone who has hero status among Valencia fans was expected to join a Premier League/La Liga team and very few outside of Britain have probably heard of the Albion.

SUPERDEPORTE.ES Vicente Rodriguez can close today a move to Brighton & Hove Albion in the Championship, the English second division. The former Valencia CF player is without a club since finished his contract with the entity Mestalla on 30 June, and could fulfill his dream of playing in England, although this modest team that won promotion last season and now up the category leader. Gustavo Poyet, the former Real Zaragoza, is technical.

--

Strongly disagree with borjavcf, the reason which has not finalized a first-division club is the fact that not a club for large and medium isolated say want to risk a player who does not know if a week is going to sign to injure, their pay has fallen apart. has chosen a path that in my opinion not the best, I think that I reject any offers for this first club that offered him more economically, so if your going to drop football because, although injuries have killed slowly , I always keep seeing flashes that were good. Lucky dagger! hopefully I get the 14, that's your number.

--

Good luck in your new team and have Vicentin if you get the bib 14, Amunt!

--

Believed he was going to sign some big??

q echais the blame will only injuries you have very good heart but not p. idea of the topic, this guy was a bad place, espero q changes.

--

Good for all that praise Vicente blinded, like Real Madrid Mou (and this can even though difficult to understand), I think this will help you see the sad reality of a player the last 4 years the the boat has been sucking, and pulling records. In football this account and have not had this Vicentin since Nostra Unfortunately for all injured against Werder at the champions where we began a decline that seems to slowly go back through the hard work of Llorente and seeing the current Unai Emery economic situation we are facing.

--

for my vicente ke was a player I felt the arms of Valencia in my heart, I respect your opinions but I think if vicente ke had not played that game against Werder Bremen would be a global crack. ¿Ke player has a bat tattoo of valence? vicente feel more Valencianism muxo ke muxos of us, I ke one respect and appreciation for the years that we could give is the least .... CRACK LUCK! if your new shirt is cool till I buy it

--

this is qedo xico in q could have been ... I touch the sky with the tip d fingers and was very good, but life juice tricks with injuries and all, became nothing ... q kiera seem right to play football, but this where it deserves to be for years. YEARS AÑOOOOS and sucking the money to the valence scoundrel.

--

It is sad to have been the ones who were and finish, without having turned 30, playing in the English 2nd division. Moreover, Poyet does not look bad as a coach. The last year was that team (say playing great, I do not give them the ready saying that I have seen a party of English third division because, frankly, I have better things to waste time) and now takes 5 victories of a possible 5 in the second.

--

What strange that no Spanish team really wants it? it is very clear in Valencia has given everything he could give, nobody wants a blanket pq, clubs are not stupid, but it would be raffling off many teams, both by injuries, bad luck and lack of consistency is where it should be.

--

Shame for the valence. How can you allow this to an emblem of how to enable the valence to be his teaching career ends in this manner. YOU HAVE NO SHAME. VALENCIA

--

Brighton has not chosen, the chosen Brighton ... the list were in Ibiza CF, At. Mykonos and the Royal Union of Bangkok ... goes to ...

--

Vincent was the best left end in Europe at the time, and both with Valencia as the Spanish national team delighted us with their football, with his dribbling, with their centers, with their goals ... A Vicente gave many kicks to brakes on your game, and like Valencia needed it, he played injured and infiltrated many games, something that should not have done, and a bad day, so seriously injured, and this was the beginning of the end of Vincent ... Between that not healed well from the start, and continuing relapse because they do not recover well, fell into a depression state of football that led him to pursue the lifting of glass, and from there, he did not want to play more football. .. Valencia, religiously paid his contract during the last 4 or 5 years, though hardly played or did not continue ... Vicente had to retire young and too soon, because it is not to play football competition. Thanks Vincent for good football moments you gave us ... Good luck.

--

And all that said if it was better than Vicente Mata lame ... in ten minutes to more, for example J. Alba .... that being well there was extreme as he deserved ...... renewal ... etc, etc, where are all those? Why not go now, but no negative vote, reasoning why what they said, well, time puts everyone in place.

--

Vincent does not deserve that ... He did many things in the VCF and you know ... If not for his injuries etc ... Super serious but even that is good, the bad is that it is lazy .. Vicente 2 division? bff ... Poor ..

--

I had several offers. Milan, Inter, Barca, Lyon, United, Juventus, Mourinho last night and urged him to be decided by Madrid. Eventually, after assessing all the hundreds of offers from the best teams in the world, it was decided by Brighton.

--

Vicente with all my heart k jubilate with the money you won in Valencia and you goes k ok well you've left a lot out there if you had party had more interest in the VCF could have been something ..... but only spent make good preseason and now this and all the fans said this will be the year of vicente? to suck the boat as many others, I recognize it was a good end k k left little to be remembered in Valencia but I have to say good luck k.

--

The bad luck was primed with the injured and otherwise failed to get him back. Football is run by people of low class, ungrateful, who failed volorar the best end of the history of Valencia and the national team. This will not remove anyone.The further I'd like some malalengua tapase!VICENTE ÁNIMOOOO! All the best amunt

--

the team name is "Brighton & Hove Albion" and "Brighton City". It is also one of the teams with more projection of English football (just went up to the English Championship-2nd-and are now leaders)

--

I said long ago that the doctor had told Vincent that if came out of Valencia, was going to have very complicated re-sign for a club, because he had broken his ankle so it was impossible to q pass a medical examination. I feel sorry for, porq his career has been frustrated by that injury. Good luck and encouragement!

Well, honestly, or ask a lot of money, or do not understand, because it would be incumbent on many teams in our league first division, lastiam injuries, because I think a great player.

I do not know why, but I figured I would sign the last day of summer. With what could have been and did not want, what a pity d ejugador

Well to do well at Benicalap dagger! Good luck in your new stage crack! Here we will always remember your good times! Amunt!

But according to his agent did not have great deals of very important equipment ?????. Ay ay ay ... has emerged as the backfire the deceiver of the representative saying what it is expected to renew it here ?????.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here