Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What punishment should Ferdinand get?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Well I think he should get life. I don't think that would be too harsh.

But I don't think he will get any kind of ban only a fine.

Dave C

Sep 12, 2003
Reckon he'll get 4 months and 100K - should be more, and I'm not bothered whether he misses the Euros or not...

Also, Cocaine stays in the system for 3 days or so, Rio misses a drugs test 2 days after the weekend, and then passes one 36hrs later... hmmm... surprised no one's mentioned this, especially given the allegations in certain tabloids recently.

By the way - did anyone read Tony Cascarino's article in the Times on Monday? Pretty disgusting allegations, but I couldn't help laughing when I heard about Bernard Tapie "Roaring like a lunatic, and thrusting his groin at the players" whilst they were given injections!

6 months' ban, £100k fine, and ManUre to be deducted 2 points (they should have ensured that he took his test).

but probably:

2 months' ban, £30k fine and ManUre not punished at all.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
6 months and a fine would be right. I would have made it £100,000.

What he has done deserves a severe reprimand. Shame on Gordon Taylor for trying to create a smokescreen around Ferdinand by deliberately confusing his crime with the suspicion that he has taken drugs. The latter charge is not being levelled at Ferdinand.

Shame on Rio. If a drugs tester turns up at your place of work to test you, you do not just forget. Ferdinand is innocent of taking drugs, but guilty of not giving us the evidence to know this for sure.

Players take note. I hope.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Dave C said:
Reckon he'll get 4 months and 100K - should be more, and I'm not bothered whether he misses the Euros or not...

Also, Cocaine stays in the system for 3 days or so, Rio misses a drugs test 2 days after the weekend, and then passes one 36hrs later... hmmm... surprised no one's mentioned this, especially given the allegations in certain tabloids recently.

By the way - did anyone read Tony Cascarino's article in the Times on Monday? Pretty disgusting allegations, but I couldn't help laughing when I heard about Bernard Tapie "Roaring like a lunatic, and thrusting his groin at the players" whilst they were given injections!

Who told you coke stays in the system for 3 days? It is longer than that.???

Dave C

Sep 12, 2003
I have heard many times that it takes 3 or 4 days to leave the body - just to check I typed this into a search engine and some health website said "2-4 days".

I'm not saying that's what i think happened, as I don't know what the guy is like... Just stating that it's a possibility. Maradona and his mates used to do their own tests and miss training if they weren't clear, so it's nothing new.

Whilst Cocaine is a recreational drug and anyone found with it in them IMO shouldn't be subjected to the same ban as say, Nandrolone, this is not really the point. In Rio's case the principle is crucial - the tests need to be enforced. Otherwise it leaves the way open for others to try their own stunts...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here