Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what prem club has 1066 on its badge?

Manthorpee

I'm Not Jake
Jul 22, 2008
London
Maybe Chelsea ?

Stamford Bridge (for those that dont know), is home to one of the football Premiership teams based in London. The team is Chelsea and what a home they have! I have been there a couple of times now thanks to a season ticket holder at work. What a difference it is to some of the 3rd division side's grounds I normally visit. Firstly, lets not confuse it with the famous battle it was named after! This occured in 1066, 3 weeks before the famous "battle .

i dont understand how that has anything to do with chelsea's badge?

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
can someone please explain - seems a bit stupid -there doesnt appear to be an answer-1066 is not on the chelski badge-which was the question

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
1066 in Roman numerals is MLXVI - does any Premier League club incorporate this(or something similar) in their badge

*pedantry alert*

Originally Posted by northstandnorth
but unfortunately stamford bridge was a battle in the english civil war,about 700 years after the french invasion and colonisation of britain in 1066.

Leaving aside the factual error, the maths is also pretty poor. The English Civil War was well and truly over within 600 years of the Norman invasion.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
From Chelsea official site

Why is it called Stamford Bridge?
The name and place of Stamford Bridge is one with great significance in English history having been the site in Yorkshire of one of the most famous battles of King Harold's reign in 1066 against the Vikings. However it is believed that this is not connected to the naming of Chelsea's football stadium.

Stamford Bridge is the name of the road bridge carrying the Fulham Road over the
railway line next to the ground. There used to be a station there!

The nearby bridge over the Kings Road id called Stafford Bridge.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ironically, £1066 is about the amount Frank Lampard gets every minute he plays for Chelsea - is that the connection?...

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
just to clarify

the question i posted was from a pub quiz last night(my son tried a cheeky text to see if i knew) the answer given at the end was chelsea.

many on here are right that NO team in the prem has got 1066 on its badge so the quizmaster got the question wrong.

as many have pointed out I KNOW f*** ALL ABOUT HISTORY and got the time spacing between the various 1066 wars and english civil war wrong too.

BUT thanks to all who have tried(and succeded) to help

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
well which club is it then, just done an image search of all teams and cant work it out myself.

(assuming its the English Football Permership and not another one)

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
well which club is it then, just done an image search of all teams and cant work it out myself.

(assuming its the English Football Permership and not another one)

THE ANSWER IS CHELSEA that is the answer given by the quizmaster

IT IS THE QUESTION THAT IS WRONG no club has 1066 in its badge

dont blame me,blame the quizmaster at the pub

thanks again all who have attempted to answer this erronious question

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
THE ANSWER IS CHELSEA that is the answer given by the quizmaster

IT IS THE QUESTION THAT IS WRONG no club has 1066 in its badge

dont blame me,blame the quizmaster at the pub

thanks again all who have attempted to answer this erronious question

Thanks for posting the answer - it was bugging me all day :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here