Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What players have been (almost) 100% popular?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Reading the 'Players who divide opinions like Ashley Barnes' thread, how many players have really been 100% accepted by the crowd? There are some names appearing on that thread that I wouldn't have thought divided opinion at all, but then I remembered that even Peter Ward had his knockers, especially towards the end of his time with us ("too light, one-trick pony, been sussed out, goes to ground too easily").

Sir Bobby Zamora springs to mind. Surely no one can say he divided opinion?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bobby Zamora? Were there any fans who had a problem with him?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm sure Kuipers was at one point. Just opinion started to split later in his time with us.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'm sure Kuipers was at one point. Just opinion started to split later in his time with us.

He was subbed in his first match, i doubt many who watched that would have rated him that highly and i expect a few that didn't see him also decided to be subbed meant he wasn't good enough for us.

And there were those who said he wasn't good enough, mainly because of his poor distribution skills and were happy to see him replaced by other keepers.

I can only think of Zamora as being 100% popular.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not by the end of his time here, the last two seasons or so a number of fans were questioning why he was here and was a waste of wages.

to be fair i think that was due to the nature of his release and resigning, it was a tad silly.

i'd throw in Chippie and Bennett.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not by the end of his time here, the last two seasons or so a number of fans were questioning why he was here and was a waste of wages.

Sure, by the end his level of ability had dropped off the cliff and clearly he wasn't up to playing league 1 football but I don't think that made him unlikable. I thought someone would mention the end of his career here, but I still think he's a worthy mention in this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here