Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Part of Sussex Annoys You Most?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Ok, stratch that. I'll take Newhaven and the incredible bleakness I feel there!

We'd cut immigration into this country if they all tried to enter via Newhaven and they thought the rest of the country was this bleak, it would be enough to bugger off back to Albania.

haha true. I like seeing all the french people getting off the ferry and you can see the look on their faces going 'f***ing hell'.

I am very fond of Newhaven though. The Town Tide Mills Could Have Been.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
haha true. I like seeing all the french people getting off the ferry and you can see the look on their faces going 'f***ing hell'.

I am very fond of Newhaven though. The Town Tide Mills Could Have Been.

I like Tide Mills actually.

That little beach walk from outer Newhaven into Seaford via the Tide Mills ruins and that little green nature reserve is really nice.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I like Tide Mills actually.

That little beach walk from outer Newhaven into Seaford via the Tide Mills ruins and that little green nature reserve is really nice.

Totally agree. Its fascinated me since I was a kid bigc. I love it. really spooky place.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'm not a fan of Crawley, but at least it has some things to reccommend it, unlike the horrible Burgess Hill.

And to show I'm not just a snob who hates Bugger's Hole because it's one big council estate, I also find Lewes pretty irritating. Seem to think they're some mportant and historic town. The fireworks thing is annoying as well because grown people lose their sense and decide that it's much better to spend hours queueing to get in and out of the town, and jammed with every other idiot in a small town, to watch a firework display which might be a bit better than some others, but certainly not worth the effort considering they're just, erm, fireworks!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
1) Hurstmonceux. f*** off. There's only one Hurst in Sussex and it ain't Hurstmonceux.

2) Hassocks. You're f***ing SCUM.

:jester:

What he said. Although in their defence, they do spell it Herstmonceux.

I'm also not fond of Hastings, or the A259.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I notice a lot of people dislike Worthing! Spare a thought for me, I have to work here! :down:

Being a commuter, I get the train from Brighton to Worthing every day and most of that particular line is full of crap places...

Portslade - Fishersgate - Southwick - Shoreham - Lancing - Worthing :shootself:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Sussex, in my opinion, is pretty shit beyond Brighton and Hove. There certainly isn't another town I'd want to live in. Hastings, Crawley, Worthing - HOLES. Chichester and Haywards Heath are ok, but not exactly exciting. If it weren't for Brighton, we'd be living in one of the worst counties around.

Nonsense.

What about all the lovely countryside we have? Beauty spots like Cuckmere Haven and Burling Gap don't appear across the land.

So some of the towns aren't too great but Horsham is fairly pleasant, and there are plenty of rather picturesque little villages to feel proud of.

You cannot compare beautiful Sussex to horrible places like Surrey or Essex which have NOTHING whatsoever to recommend them

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nonsense.

What about all the lovely countryside we have? Beauty spots like Cuckmere Haven and Burling Gap don't appear across the land.

So some of the towns aren't too great but Horsham is fairly pleasant, and there are plenty of rather picturesque little villages to feel proud of.

You cannot compare beautiful Sussex to horrible places like Surrey or Essex which have NOTHING whatsoever to recommend them

The East Anglian side of Essex is very pretty and I can heartily recommend Suzie Grainger who used to live in Farncombe in Surrey - a f***ing great shag and someone who didn't mind you giving her one or two up the wrong 'un.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Forgetting about the dubious towns we are lumbered with as have been previously mentioned numerous times.

I have yet to see a more picturesque race course than Glorious Goodwood anywhere in the world. :)

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, ok, Birling Gap and Cuckmere are nice, but they're not exactly the Lake District or the Yorkshire Moors are they? I'd be surprised if EVERY single county in the land didn't have something as pretty as Birling Gap.

But it's not just Birling Gap, it's the whole formation of the seven sisters. If you walk along them from the start at Cuckmere Haven right the way to Beachy Head you'll appreicate the real charm of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here