Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Part of Sussex Annoys You Most?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I have to say Hassocks just for the fact it slows trains down pointlessly. Its lovely though.

I do find Lewes a bit pleased with itself.

Eastbourne makes me want to do myself in.

I really HATE Peacehaven.

Anyone who takes this to heart needs to toughen up a bit, just come on everyone goes to some places and you just dont get on with them.

Yours?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
CRAWLEY enough said

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Worthing. Well not so much Worthing itself, just the fact that it takes me f***ing AGES to drive through it, every week, on my way home from Hampshire.

I can get from Chandlers Ford to Arundel in the BLINK of an eye, then get to the roundabout where the A27 joins the A24 and BAMMMM. Red brake lights aplenty. Shithouse.

I have to say Hassocks just for the fact it slows trains down pointlessly. Its lovely though.

I do find Lewes a bit pleased with itself.

Eastbourne makes me want to do myself in.

I really HATE Peacehaven.

Anyone who takes this to heart needs to toughen up a bit, just come on everyone goes to some places and you just dont get on with them.

Yours?

Hurstpierpoint.

and as for Hassocks.........The trains don't slow down pointlessly (there are no points to go over - see what I did there)

If they diidn't slow down, I couldn't get on the train and go and watch the Albion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Teville Gate area of Worthing, scruffy with no redeeming features

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
1) Hurstmonceux. f*** off. There's only one Hurst in Sussex and it ain't Hurstmonceux.

2) Hassocks. You're f***ing SCUM.

:jester:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Hastings definitely.

Was there briefly yesterday and I found it more depressing than other localities which could be in that bracket such as Lancing and Worthing.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I echo the sentiments of Simon and the tragic system that masquerades as an A-Road.

Brighton pisses me off on a sunny Saturday midsummer with cars belching out fumes (whilst locked in a traffic jam) and swarms of people descending on the place. The Old Steine is wasted with two lanes of busy traffic circling it.

Lewes annoys me mildly. Boundary Road makes me want to jump in front of the train and Chichester bugs the hell out of me.

I forgot about Saltdean or rather I wish I could forget about Saltdean.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
see Hastings is so skanky it has a charm I always think. see Bexhill on the other hand is like Worthing is to Brighton, for Hastings. Bexhill is depressing. Home of Television f*** off. Old Peoples Homes With Communal Televisions more like.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Hailsham is somewhat free of any redeeming features.

For some reason I just can't hate Crawley. Something about it's purpose-built New Town feel just interests me, even though I'd never want to live there

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
see Hastings is so skanky it has a charm I always think. see Bexhill on the other hand is like Worthing is to Brighton. Home of Television f*** off. Old Peoples Homes With Communal Televisions more like.

Ok, stratch that. I'll take Newhaven and the incredible bleakness I feel there!

We'd cut immigration into this country if they all tried to enter via Newhaven and they thought the rest of the country was this bleak, it would be enough to bugger off back to Albania.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Chichester.

It is my home town, and although I haven't lived there since 1968 I have visited regularly. I like many things about it, but the thing that has always annoyed me intensely?...

It is full of Portsmouth supporters! Why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here