Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Paper Do You Take And Why

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Boo hiss everyone hates the mail. Buzzer has it right in his post below.

Apologies if this has already been done but lets see who takes what.

Me I have only one rule never pick up a London free paper. They are for cheapskates and illegals trying to look proper.

Whats the betting before the end of page one someone has said something pretentious and foreign as their daily paper.

Off you go smartarses - lets see if you really devour Toynbee and Brooker or if you secretly lap up Paul Ross and Bushell.

WHAT IS YOUR PAPER?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If I pass one I pick up a Metro as it's free. If I want news I use the BBC web site.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't often buy a paper in the week. I used to read The Times online, but thats gone subscription now (bastard Murdoch), so I generally skiff through the Telegraph and (deep breath) The Mail for the SPORT section, as I like reading Martin Samuels stuff.

Saturday I don't usually bother with a paper at all. Sunday its the Sunday Times.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
My main reason buying a paper is for the pullout sports section so the Sun for me.

For the latest news it's either the internet or Sky News for me.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The only one I ever buy is the Racing Post. I usually read the Metro on the bus going into work, passes 10 minutes.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I don't often buy a paper in the week. I used to read The Times online, but thats gone subscription now (bastard Murdoch), so I generally skiff through the Telegraph and (deep breath) The Mail for the SPORT section, as I like reading Martin Samuels stuff.

Saturday I don't usually bother with a paper at all. Sunday its the Sunday Times.

see you can take your pick out of the papers for different reasons. no one would buy the f***ing guardian for sport as they would buy the sun to see what was on at the brighton festival. horses for courses and all that. guardians last few saturday humourous sports columnists, russell brand, david mitchell and dara o brieiaiiain, what a load of absolute shit. you can imagine queens park dads with papooses lapping that up.

i like the mail for the pointless little games and trivia. I make no apologies for that. if i want to be wound up about illegal immigrants i will take a stroll down to the shops.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Boo hiss everyone hates the mail. Buzzer has it right in his post below.

Apologies if this has already been done but lets see who takes what.

Me I have only one rule never pick up a London free paper. They are for cheapskates and illegals trying to look proper.

Whats the betting before the end of page one someone has said something pretentious and foreign as their daily paper.

Off you go smartarses - lets see if you really devour Toynbee and Brooker or if you secretly lap up Paul Ross and Bushell.

WHAT IS YOUR PAPER?

May I go against your advice and big-up the freesheets? I see London's Standard is now free!! That is the ultimate 'local' paper. The Metro is a great little read too.

As for the heavyweights, The Observer is my Sunday pick. The Times/Guardian during the week.

The Argus online, and Derby's Evening Telegraph can also be informative.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What happend to the paper called "Today" ???

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
see you can take your pick out of the papers for different reasons. no one would buy the f***ing guardian for sport as they would buy the sun to see what was on at the brighton festival. horses for courses and all that. guardians last few saturday humourous sports columnists, russell brand, david mitchell and dara o brieiaiiain, what a load of absolute shit. you can imagine queens park dads with papooses lapping that up.

i like the mail for the pointless little games and trivia. I make no apologies for that. if i want to be wound up about illegal immigrants i will take a stroll down to the shops.

Wow you are fun!:lolol: You aren't putting yourself up for election anywhere are you?! ! ! Yes, I would buy the Guardian for sport. Especially on a Saturday.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Wow you are fun!:lolol: You aren't putting yourself up for election anywhere are you?! ! ! Yes, I would buy the Guardian for sport. Especially on a Saturday.

alright buy the rest on saturday and compare them, with the national and promotion and relegation going on. if you think its better than the other broadsheets I take my hat off to you. i like will buckley and vic marks but thats about it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't often buy a paper in the week. I used to read The Times online, but thats gone subscription now

Times doesn't go subscription until June

The Guardian on sport is hit and miss. Its cricket columnists are pretty good but you're right about the Saturday sports columnists - they're totally rubbish (on the other hand, Harry Pearson on Friday is superb). The Guardian is also pretty good on cycling - better than most. But for overall sports coverage, the Telegraph is the best.

I read the Guardian but many of the columnists annoy me (Polly Toynbee for one). Tanya Gold, who won some award last week, is the most self-obsessed, whingeing, egotistical waste of space since Liz Jones.

I skim read most of the papers online and will sometimes buy the Telegraph or the Mirror for a bit of variety.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I buy the mail if i buy a paper, i would buy the telegraph if it went tabloid, just cant be bothered with tha agro of reading a broadsheet on the tube.

Broadsheets are ok once you get the knack of folding the page you're reading down to a quarter-size, then they can be held and read quite comfortably in one hand.

Fine at home, but I can see that'd be a bit of a faff on the tube. And it can be a pain in the arse in the garden as well if there's a breeze blowing, things can get rapidly out of control. For some reason I'm really quite ANAL about having it all neatly folded into place when I'm reading it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here