Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What other players have divided fans opinons as much as Ashley Barnes

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've never heard that story before. Genius :lolol:

Got to be Dean Wilkins for me. From my spot on the East Terrace, he was lightweight and hated getting stuck in. He also built up a largely undeserved reputation for being some kind of magician from free kicks, when in fact he hardly ever scored them (only Ipswich & Notts County spring to mind).

He scored an absolute BELTER from 30 yards, away to Oldham.

(it was freezing, and we lost 6-1...)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think since Kuipers peak until Kuszczak, our keepers have all divided opinion.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It wasn't just McNab. Foster and at least one other were involved. After an Albion goal (can't remember who we were playing) they ran back to the centre circle and stood there flicking 'V' signs at the West Stand. It was the culmination of a general decline in player/fan relations as people simply couldn't understand why we weren't beating 1st division teams as easily as we'd beaten 3rd division teams and reacted accordingly.

With our rose-tinted spectacles we tend to forget just what a load of old moaners used to sit in the Goldstone West Stand.

You're right, I think it was a 2-2 draw against Notts County. The West stand was full of cantankerous so and so's, though I suspect the whippersnappers would put us in that bracket today though.

ALL clubs have a significant number of whingers though, I went to the United v Spurs match a few weeks ago at OT, when Spurs won 3-2, and the amount of abuse directed at Giggs, Carrick, WGT and Ferguson was staggering. Only Scholes was immune from it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The best Andy Ritchie moment was when he failed to chase a loose ball down the West Stand touchline and pa announcer Tony Millard bawled out "For f***'s sake pull your finger out, Andy!" - only to discover that the mike was still live ...

Tony Millard once pulled down my shorts when I nutmegged him playing for Albion Supporters XI v Southern Sound FM in 1984.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Those that are still alive now reside in ...the West Stand
To be fair the Amex West Stand is MILES better than the Goldstone West Stand. Certainly the upper section (Never been in the middle).

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Les Berry

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Robert Codner, Clive Walker, Dean Hammond, Jimmy Case (2nd time), Dean Wilkins.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
doug roughvie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here