• Homophobia

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm struggling between racism and homophobia, simply because both of them have, and will continue to be, the root cause of some pretty horrific acts. Racism probably pips it on thought.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I meant to add sexism is fairly far down the agenda compared to those two - having experienced a good deal of it in my time in one of the most sexist environments going...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm struggling between racism and homophobia, simply because both of them have, and will continue to be, the root cause of some pretty horrific acts. Racism probably pips it on thought.

Of course dear, now go and put that kettle on.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Where I worked recently was near Beeston (awful place) which was an extremely run down area, and a mainly Muslim community. It is also where the 9/11 bombers lived and planned their attacks from. Would I be less racist for being nervous about such an area (almost 100% Muslim) if I was Muslim too?

And is racism acceptable if there is a proven, justifiable reason for it? Bear in mind; not weary of ALL Muslims, but being weary of people who would knowingly have come into contact and possibly be the next 9/11 bomber - i.e. those from Beeston?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I for one hate both racism and sexism but it works both ways. It seems socially acceptable for a black guy/gal to openly point out how their race is better than caucasian when doing the opposite is seen as blatant racism.

I also hate it when women get special treatment at work when it comes to sick leave and generally doing less work just because theyre a woman, then complain they get less pay or benefits. Any woman that pulls her weight as much as her male equivalent however deserves to be treated equally.

Homophobia doesnt upset me simply because we dont see it very often in our town for obvious reasons.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
All of them offend me.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
homophobia for me ... reason being is the way it's kind of accepted.

when i hear young people use the term 'gay' as derrogatory i find it unacceptable, when i hear adults use it (though rarely) it's offensive.

but i understand why, it'll take a couple of generations more (if that) before it's gone.

Dandyman

In London village.
Where I worked recently was near Beeston (awful place) which was an extremely run down area, and a mainly Muslim community. It is also where the 9/11 bombers lived and planned their attacks from. Would I be less racist for being nervous about such an area (almost 100% Muslim) if I was Muslim too?

And is racism acceptable if there is a proven, justifiable reason for it? Bear in mind; not weary of ALL Muslims, but being weary of people who would knowingly have come into contact and possibly be the next 9/11 bomber - i.e. those from Beeston?

How do you feel about people from Northern Ireland, particularly ones from the Shankhill Road or Falls ?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If a person offends you and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measures. Simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick.
Mark Twain - "Advice to Youth" Speech, 1882

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This poll offends me. It looks like it's, as the Americans would say, "flipping me the bird"

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
How do you feel about people from Northern Ireland, particularly ones from the Shankhill Road or Falls ?

I've never been, and know very little about the subject, so I'm not entitled to an opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here